What Are Your Favorite Stylers?

Des Nichole

I need styler suggestions that give a great hold but it's not too stiff or too soft. For like twist outs especially. I'm not too crazy about wash n Gos. Thank you.

- Bel Nouvo Coco Castor Pudding - has a creamy consistency, offers a lot of slip during application, leaves your hair feeling ultra soft and moisturized, provides lots of shine, decent hold and crazy definition.
- Camille Rose Naturals Almond Jai Twisting Butter - gives decent slip during application, hair is left feeling soft and moisturized with lots of shine, definition, hold and elongation

When I want a well defined twist out with hold I just use setting lotion, butter products don't work well for me. It has been awhile but I think I had good results with Design essentials and jane carter nourish and shine. Hopefully the formula has not changed.

Combination of Natty Naturals Creme with Natty Naturals Moisture as a sealant on the ends of my hair. My ends can easily get dry/frizzy during a twist-out so I look for something that can provide moisture with a great hold, and found that Natty does the trick. This combination provides me with frizz-free twist-outs that can last for days.

I need to add another one to my list: My Honey Child Type 4 Hair Cream. This makes my hair ridiculously shiny, soft and smooth. It also offers a decent amount of definition and hold during braid-outs. I used it yesterday evening to seal before air drying in two braids. I went to sleep with my hair uncovered, woke up and didn't touch it, stuck pens in it and scratched it throughout the course of the day, and this is how it still looks (see picture below, and leave my gray hairs and crooked part alone):

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    465.9 KB · Views: 98
I use these...
Cream-based
Afroveda Cocoalatte, Hempseed or Shea Amla ButterCreams (buy via Hattache or Hairrogant)
Bekura Palm Tapioca Deluxe Hair ButterCream
Darcy's Botanicals Pumpkin Seed Moisturizing Conditioner
Nubian Heritage Indian Hemp & Tamanu Deep Treatment Masque (at CVS)
Nubian Heritage EVOO & Moringa Deep Conditioning Cream
Oyin Handmade Whipped Pudding
Qhemet Biologics Cocoa Tree Detangling Ghee (at Sephora)
Sheamoisture Kids Coconut Hibiscus Curling ButterCream
Sheamoisture Raw Shea Butter Deep Treatment Masque

Gel-based
Afroveda PUR Whipped Hair Gelly
Alikay Naturals Creme Brulee Curling Delight (at Sally's or Target)
Aubrey Organics B5 Design Gel
Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera gel
Kinky-Curly Curling Custard
Sheamoisture for Men Three Butter Utility Gel Mousse

Last edited:
The one styler that I keep buying is Mixed Chick's leave in conditioner. It works as a styler on me.

It used to be EcoStyler gel but lately I've been enjoying having fluffy soft curls.

I really like Eden Bodyworks curl cream but I like mixed chicks to put over it bc the EB is soooo moisturizing so I need a little more hold.

I'm definitely into curl creams now. :yep:

Okay because of all the great reviews on some of the stylers in this thread, I went on www.curlmart.com and just bought:

• 1 Camille Rose Naturals Almond Jai Twisting Butter
  • 1 Camille Rose Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel
  • 1 MyHoneyChild Type 4 Hair Creme
  • 1 EDEN BodyWorks Coconut Shea Curl Defining Creme
  • 1 OBIA Naturals Curl Moisture Cream
I said I needed help in the styling part of my hair regimen and gosh darn, I meant it. I also filled my wish list with some other stuff as well.

QUESTION:

Does anyone here use the Oyin Handmade Hair Dew and if you do, give an honest review please. I am thinking about getting that next along with the OH Burnt Sugar Pomade.

Oh and can anyone please review any or all of these products - these are all in my wish list, by the way:

Camille Rose Curlaide Moisture Butter,
Camille Rose Coconut Style Setter,
Camille Rose Curl Maker,
Camille Rose Naturals Fresh Curl,
Eden Bodyworks All Natural Pudding Souffle,
Alikay Naturals Wake Me Up Daily Curl Refresher?

Thanks in advance.

Oh and can anyone please review any or all of these products - these are all in my wish list, by the way:

Camille Rose Curl Maker,

I haven't worn my hair out with Curl Maker but it does dry pretty hard/crunchy even with moisturizing leave-ins underneath. I used it to slick my hair back into a pony tail today and I have ramen noodle hair on my crown :lol:

Any reviews of the Keravada Pure gel?

Okay because of all the great reviews on some of the stylers in this thread, I went on www.curlmart.com and just bought:

• 1 Camille Rose Naturals Almond Jai Twisting Butter
  • 1 Camille Rose Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel
  • 1 MyHoneyChild Type 4 Hair Creme
  • 1 EDEN BodyWorks Coconut Shea Curl Defining Creme
  • 1 OBIA Naturals Curl Moisture Cream
I said I needed help in the styling part of my hair regimen and gosh darn, I meant it. I also filled my wish list with some other stuff as well.

QUESTION:

Does anyone here use the Oyin Handmade Hair Dew and if you do, give an honest review please. I am thinking about getting that next along with the OH Burnt Sugar Pomade.

Camille Rose Curlaide Moisture Butter,
Camille Rose Coconut Style Setter,
Camille Rose Curl Maker,
Camille Rose Naturals Fresh Curl,
Eden Bodyworks All Natural Pudding Souffle,
Alikay Naturals Wake Me Up Daily Curl Refresher?

Thanks in advance.

@Aggie, I use and love the CR moisture butter and love, love, love the CR Coconut Style Setter!!!! My braidouts are moisturized and super defined. I would recommend both but if I had to choose one it would be the coconut style setter.

@Aggie, I use and love the CR moisture butter and love, love, love the CR Coconut Style Setter!!!! My braidouts are moisturized and super defined. I would recommend both but if I had to choose one it would be the coconut style setter.
Thanks @Daina. I really appreciate you taking the time to review these items. I got all of them because I have no idea which ones my hair will like. I'll only repurchase the best ones for my hair. Thanks again hun.

Thanks @Daina. I really appreciate you taking the time to review these items. I got all of them because I have no idea which ones my hair will like. I'll only repurchase the best ones for my hair. Thanks again hun.

@Aggie, no problem! For me it was seeing the results @lulu97 was getting on her sets that really turned me on to the CR products. Prior to that I was all over the place trying stuff or reusing stuff that just wasn't really working. Between CR and Jane Carter Solutions Quench ( I use this to refresh my hair during the day if needed for a true wng) and her Seal and Shine I've found my natural/curly hair staples. Still searching though for when my hair is straight. I'm in no rush since I only plan to flat-ironed 4x this year.

Back