What Are You Going To Try Next?

One of my "New Year, New Me" goals was to do something different to my hair every month just to experiment and change up my look and style. Unfortunately, like always, I get lazy and fluctuate between 3 of my go-to hairstyles. So before the year is ovr, I wanna try:
  1. Mini twists
  2. Protein every other wash
  3. Curling Wand
  4. Crochet style
  5. Faux locs
I also really wanna color my hair but I'm just too chicken. I think I'll do it if I can get my natural hair to ever reach my shoulders when curly.

I'm going back to sleeping in my conditioner...my hair holds length/retains length better with more moisture and this works.

The inversion method works. I did this several times to grow out my bangs which are slow growing.

I'm going back to drinking green smoothies for health and hair growth as soon as I get a blender.

I'm bra strap length, but I want certain sections of my hair to grow longer.

The inversion method works. I did this several times to grow out my bangs which are slow growing. I'm going back to drinking green smoothies for health and hair growth as soon as I get a blender.
You sound like me. IM definitely worked for me. And I'm back to morning smoothies and vitamins, w/my hair in mind. I even add a vegan protein powder for a boost.

TGIN poo and conditioner and maybe their Twist and define cream.

I tried the TGIN poo and conditioner at home... I didn't like it. I'll give it my mom. I'm glad I decided against the Twist and Define cream since I won't be using the poo and conditioner.

I did buy Eco curling cocktail and I like that ! It played well on my wet hair w/ my APB underneath and oil. My hair is holding up in this humidity pretty well. So far so good.

Texlaxing

Rollersets

Long term protective styles for the winter (sew in, crochet braids, and half wigs as soon as it gets cold)

Curl defining in public. So many females (of all ages) have tried to sh** on me saying Idk anything about curly hair because my hair is nappy. Bruh. If you only knew! So one day, I want to define my curls and be real nonchalant about it so they would stop saying dumb ish to my face. Keep your hair hierarchy to yourself. Bunch of birds, I swear :end rant:

Bee Mine Deep Conditioner
Qhemet Biologics Alma Cream
Dabur Alma Oil
Camille Rose Moisture Butter
Shea Moisture 10in1 Renewal Deep Conditioner

Adding coffee grounds to my DC and sitting for a minimum of 30 minutes.

Returning to sage essential oil to see about my greys

Adding coffee grounds to my DC and sitting for a minimum of 30 minutes.

I thought it was worth reporting what happened when I tried this the other day...

Got my coffee grinder and ground some beans. I used the coarse grounds for a body scrub mixed with oils. Awesome.

I used the finely ground beans that was more of a powder, and put that into my DC, then sat for an hour with it in my hair. My hair was super soft when wet, then it was it's usual softness when dried and styled. I was expecting better in this area.

My hair was no more shiny than normal, so I can't say it was improved in that area either.

I had the same amount of shedding, which was a surprise.

Then I had the faint scent of coffee left in my hair which I didn't like.

OK, so.....I think coffee rinsing (with cold coffee liquid) is better at attacking the shedding. I won't do this again.

I read that coffee improves circulation, so maybe that would be a long term benefit for adding grounds to conditioners.

:look:

I wanted to try the CG method with cone-free products and I just started it. So far, so good.
I wanted to try flaxseed gel and I did. Didn't like it much at all.

Next, I'll probably try:
- Caramel treatment. I've been hearing about it for years, but never got around to it. I'm not sure how the ACV will work on low-po hair.
- Buying a heating cap for my DC
- SM moisture masque

I'll probably get some avocado butter and see how that goes.
I have some raw shea butter I need to do something with as well.

- Faux locs
- Incorporating clay rinses and conditioners (I have some bentonite and rhassoul clay and some Anita Grant DC cubes I plan to give a try)
- Incorporating ayurvedic pre-poos (using the powders with DCs on my ends or in infused scalp concoctions)

I think I want to try roller setting and using flexi rods.

I have some bentonite clay, so I want to use it more often... Maybe once a month? Probably not because I'm lazy.

I want to have a serious no buy lol I've been doing well, but I still can do better. (This might not last because Labor day sales are in a month and Black Friday will be here before we know it.)

I'm thinking of protective styling with a weave with a lace closure or marley twists. I mostly do wigs but I think I want to try something different for the fall.

Products wise, I want to try BeeMine and MyHoneyChild.

Lotta body 5 in 1 spritz.
Stopping the use of silicones.
Perm rod set. Today was a fail -the rods were too big. I need the teal green ones.

I want to purchase Kinky Curly Knot today.

Back