What are you going to do.....

fancypants007

Now that the weather is getting warmer and the saying is that we get more growth during this period, what things are you going to add/change/adjust to get more hair growth. My goal is trying to get 4" from May through August. I will keep to my normal routine of washing, deep-conditioning, moisturizing my ends, etc. But I will add these things to my routine just for the summer months. I want to try rinsing my hair daily. I want to be more aware of taking my supplements everyday. (sometimes i miss) I also bought a supplement called "Delinea" which i have added to my pile. I will drink a protein drink for breakfast M-F, exercise faithfully (M-F) and do my scalp massages with castor oil/jojoba/rosemary at least 3 times a week. Also, i will keep my ends moisturized in the morning and in the evening. I usually get about 1/2" a month so i want to see if i can get 1" a month just for the summer. It will be effort and consistency on my part, but i'm willing to do it to achieve my goal. I will put braids back in my hair around the 1st week in June so I will be moisturizing them everyday and washing them once a week. I am visualizing 4" of new growth.

Definately wash/rinse more. I usually wash once a week but now my scalp feels icky so I'll do a Creme of Nature wash when I get home. Probably will put braids in for the majority of the summer and keep them moisturized.

Same here. Shampoo/Condition and rinse even more.
smile.gif

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
My goal is trying to get 4" from May through August.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fancypants, this is my same exact goal
smile.gif
smile.gif
. .... for my "summer challenge"

I am visualizing 4" of new growth.

[/ QUOTE ]

Girl, how funny
laugh.gif
! Me too.
smile.gif
I've already "mentally" marked my back at the exact area where my "addl" 4" will hang. U shoulda' seen me in the mirror with both my plastic ruler &amp; my measuring tape.
laugh.gif
My Husband thinks I'm totally
nuts.gif
nuts.gif
! I wasn't like this before joining this board.... but I'm having soooo much fun being a member
cool.gif

Oh, almost forgot..... I plan to take vits daily &amp; air dry every other wash.

God Bless,
Peachtree

I plan on drinking alot of water to keep my scalp (and other skin) moist and wash once to twice weekly and do nothing but rollersets and wrapping. I like to leave my hair hanging all the time unless it is unbearably hot.

Peachtree said:
My goal is trying to get 4" from May through August.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fancypants, this is my same exact goal
smile.gif
smile.gif
. .... for my "summer challenge"

I am visualizing 4" of new growth.

[/ QUOTE ]

Girl, how funny
laugh.gif
! Me too.
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

This is my goal also.....
smile.gif
smile.gif

Now that it's getting warmer, I'm going to wear more cornrows and braidouts. I love to mist my hair constantly in the summer time because of the heat. Also, I noticed last year that I was able to grow my hair faster by wearing the braids.
smile.gif

Well, let me get in on this challenge too!
smile.gif
I would like 4 inches of new growth by Sept. 1! The warm weather always jumpstarts my growth long with rinses. So I will start doing that.

Just for reassurance, rinsing does not dry out relaxed hair, right??
drunk.gif

Just for reassurance, rinsing does not dry out relaxed hair, right??

[/ QUOTE ]

Right!
smile.gif
Relaxed hair can get very dry and brittle. The added moisture will greatly benefit your relaxed hair. Good luck!
cool.gif

Hi Atate,

I use Adrienne's method of world of curls gel on the ends and seal it with good ole vaseline. It seems to be working. Someone had mentioned healthy ends by profectiv as also being good. I may also try that.

Go back to last year's summer routine of braid outs every 3-5 days. Hot oils treats weekly, CON shamp, moisturizing condit, infusium leave in (thanks Pumpkin
grin.gif
). olive oil or WGO in b/w washes and start over. This helped me keep my hands ou my hair and i gained lots of length this way. Plus drinking lots of water

mmmm i'd love to be able to wash my hair every day but then i'm goin to be wearin braids the whole time and washin the hair so much will cause them to unravel or become untidy...i really dont kno, any suggestions will be apreciated
smile.gif

Back