What Are You Getting Your So/dh For Christmas?

A laptop-- he wants a new one and he wasn't going to get it for himself until next spring, so I figured I might as well take advantage of Cyber Monday deals. He better not ask me for a birthday present tho :look::p

a bottle of cologne (recommendations?)

I got my dad the Versace cologne (light blue bottle) last cmas he really liked it

This year I ordered Ralph Lauren Polo (black bottle) from Black Friday sales. I didn't get to smell it though and just went off the comments praising it.

We haven't been together that long but he sure is worthy of something(s) nice. Not sure but I'm thinking about:
  • a gift card to a golf store (he loves golf)
  • couple of lounging outfits and house slippers so that he can get comfy without going home to change when he visits me.
  • a bottle of cologne (recommendations?)
  • an Apple Watch (he loves his fit bit - would this make sense?)
  • I'm interested in the virtual reality goggle thingies but not sure what its all about

Target.com has 30% off cologne right now. Nautica is cheap and got really good reviews. I got gucci for DH. Check their reviews.

Thanks ladybug! As soon as i posted I opened another window and searched to see what was out there in the VR world. I haven't chosen yet but since they're so reasonably priced I want to get him something else, too.......
Oooo please let me know which one you decide on getting or which ones you are considering. DH asked for the same thing for Christmas. I gave him the stank eye when he mentioned it because I thought for sure they would be at least $500, but I can do $100. I'll probably also be getting him a ukulele since we'll be stationed in Hawaii for three years.

Oooo please let me know which one you decide on getting or which ones you are considering. DH asked for the same thing for Christmas. I gave him the stank eye when he mentioned it because I thought for sure they would be at least $500, but I can do $100. I'll probably also be getting him a ukulele since we'll be stationed in Hawaii for three years.

I couldn't believe how reasonably priced they were, too! Now I have to get into the meat and potatoes of what features come with them and what they can do. I will update you when I decide on something.

Teehee, I was thinking about getting a guitar for him, too. The most basic one I can find since his attention span is that of a gnat! :lol: I'll probably end up playing the guitar before he does. I learned to play chess from a teaching gift I bought him years ago! I thought every man should know how to play chess buuuuttt I guess I was wrong! :lol:

I changed my mind on the flight lessons since I know he doesn't want a license and doesn't want to learn the ground rules, and decided on a helo tour of the city and maybe the pilot will let him flip a switch or two. That's all he wants to do anyway. :look:

Oooweee, enjoy your time in Hawaii! I visited Honolulu once and it was beeyoooteful!

I couldn't believe how reasonably priced they were, too! Now I have to get into the meat and potatoes of what features come with them and what they can do. I will update you when I decide on something.

Teehee, I was thinking about getting a guitar for him, too. The most basic one I can find since his attention span is that of a gnat! :lol: I'll probably end up playing the guitar before he does. I learned to play chess from a teaching gift I bought him years ago! I thought every man should know how to play chess buuuuttt I guess I was wrong! :lol:

I changed my mind on the flight lessons since I know he doesn't want a license and doesn't want to learn the ground rules, and decided on a helo tour of the city and maybe the pilot will let him flip a switch or two. That's all he wants to do anyway. :look:

Oooweee, enjoy your time in Hawaii! I visited Honolulu once and it was beeyoooteful!

Yeah I'm going to have to get some more info from him about them. I don't get how they work. Like, do they come with games?? What is the VR for lol I was originally going to get him an acoustic guitar, but I thought the ukelele would be more thoughtful and plus I already own one. I was looking at lower end Yamaha acoustic guitars because they seem to have great quality for a lower price.

Thanks to this thread I'm looking into the Samsung Vr and game controller. Except he doesn't have a Samsung phone so I'm looking for alternatives :(

I am clueless. I'm not spending ALOT and he's hard to buy for because he has almost everything. So far here is the list:

Summitt Racing GC(Its for all car and truck parts) or
Red Lobster GC(He loves Red Lobster) or
Old Navy GC(He loves Old Navy)
Cologne(I will go with a inexpensive bottle)
Polo shirt

I'm for sure about at least 3 things from this list.

Uh. Is there some rule to how long you're suppose to be in a relationship before the gift giving happens? I have an idea: various kinds of stout beers. He mentioned that he's trying to try new stouts, so I figured I could help him out.

We're going to a wedding on new years eve so I'm treating him to a night at the four Seasons on the 30th so we can be alone and hang out just the two of us.

Really this is about me wanting to take a nice bath and lounge in a robe for an evening, but he will be there to so... Merry Christmas

Well I did some research tonight.....and I'm still stuck! :lol: This link gave me some good insight, check it out. https://wiki.ezvid.com/best-vr-glasses?id=bng
I almost got a pair shown on the Sharper Image website. https://www.sharperimage.com/si/view/product/Smartphone+VR+Headset+with+Earphones/205098?trail= This is hard! :mad:

ETA- I'm considering the Sony setup and a Playstation to go along with it....then I think he might not even be interested in VR and then I lean toward getting the Cardboard! :rofl:

Last edited:
Well I did some research tonight.....and I'm still stuck! :lol: This link gave me some good insight, check it out. https://wiki.ezvid.com/best-vr-glasses?id=bng
I almost got a pair shown on the Sharper Image website. https://www.sharperimage.com/si/view/product/Smartphone+VR+Headset+with+Earphones/205098?trail= This is hard! :mad:

ETA- I'm considering the Sony setup and a Playstation to go along with it....then I think he might not even be interested in VR and then I lean toward getting the Cardboard! :rofl:

Thanks I'll check it out tomorrow!! I'm leaning toward the Samsung because he has a Samsung phone and there's a Reddit community for it lol We don't have a PlayStation just an Xbox. I should have probably started off by seeing which ones are compatible with that. I have no idea what the *** I'm doing!

Thanks I'll check it out tomorrow!! I'm leaning toward the Samsung because he has a Samsung phone and there's a Reddit community for it lol We don't have a PlayStation just an Xbox. I should have probably started off by seeing which ones are compatible with that. I have no idea what the *** I'm doing!

I ended up getting the $79 pair from Sharper Image. Now for his guitar. :rolleyes:

I just thought of something he mentioned to me months ago! He's been wanting to go to Top Golf! lol he's never been. I'll get him a gift card so we can go on me :) I'll bet he'll really like that I remembered :)

I ended up getting the $79 pair from Sharper Image. Now for his guitar. :rolleyes:
Haha well if you need help with the guitar let me know! That's the one area I'm confident in. VR not so much...I'll check out the sharper image, but I think I should probably stick with the samsung since he's pretty much all samsung everything.

Haha well if you need help with the guitar let me know! That's the one area I'm confident in. VR not so much...I'll check out the sharper image, but I think I should probably stick with the samsung since he's pretty much all samsung everything.

Chile beginner level with instructions, is all I need! I saw one for $89 at WalMart. I think it was a six string.

some cuddy!

shopping

:blondboob:

we're both in saving mode so he'll be alright

I don't celebrate. I give gifts on my birthday though.

I like this bra

Back