What Are You All Using for Your Pre-Poo lately?

Smiley79

I used to use Olive Oil and then ran out of that and used Coconut Oil and I didn't care for the Coconut Oil. :nono: The Olive Oil seemed to have done a much better job. What are you all using or doing for your pre-poo nowadays?

Right now, I am using coconut oil but my hair likes olive oil better. I'm trying not to do too many pre-treatments because I'm trying to retain my color from henna + indigo.

Amla mixed with either Vatika, EVCO or jojoba oil. Amla seems to work really well- I've been using it for about 6 wks but the smell! IDK how other ppl handle it- it really drives me crazy but it works.

Im using Leonor Greyl Palm Oil sometimes mixed with Leonor Greyl Orchid Mask. Smells good...

Yea olive oil is much better for my hair too. Are you all using heat for 30 min prior to your wash....that techniqe works well for me.

a overripe banana,honey, evoo, coconut oil and cheapie conditioner mixed in a food processor. it comes out like a smooth souffle then i apply it to my hair in sections like a permand cover with tw plastic caps for about an hour. when i rinse it out the slip is CRAZZY!! I then cowash and deep condition. i do it every week and cant stop, wont stop!!

A mix that I made with suave coconut condish mixed with avocado, peppermint, rosemary oil and shikakai, amla, and brahmi tea... my hair is butter soft afterwards. I don't even wanna wash it after tht... sometimes I don't and just leave it as a co wash:)

I usually like to use something oily. But ive decided to use afrodetangler as my prepoo. I like the way it made my hair feel before shampooing.

I blend 1 ripe avocado, 1 ripe banana, 1 egg yolk, 4tbsp warm olive oil and i'll usually add a little whole milk...i'm not sure whether it's better with or without the milk but adding the milk makes more of it; the original mix isn't enough for my hair anymore.
When i first started it I used half a banana and half an avocado! No way would that be enough now, lol.

Nothing works for me like EVOO (straight up) so I make sure I always have some of that on hand.

Last edited:
Right now I use Amla Oil-which I don't care for (trying to use it up) because it has mineral oil in it and I can't stand the smell of mineral oil anymore. I also us coconut oil or oil olive but I prefer coconut oil. Oil olive isn't working to well for me these days.

Sometimes I use:
1. Just EVOO
2.1 ripe banana w/ EVOO
3. Just Vatika

Moe gro oil which consists of coconut oil, nettle, rosemary, & aloe vera.

My hair is crazy soft like I dont even need to use conditioner.

ETA: I put it on the night before

Back