What are the signs of a lacefront?

rdm

If someone is wearing a lacefront, how can you tell? Why would someone get a lace front as opposed to a weave?

Some people would opt for a lacefront because it is not damaging to your hair like weaves can be and since it is applied to the hairline on the skin it generally acts as a really good protective style. Also lacefronts can look more natural and since they don't have to be blended its a lot simpler. Plus u can apply it yourself within minutes.

A lacefront is a wig. It has a light invisible hairline(the lace). You use a special adhesive to attach the lacefront wig around the hairline. I wore one for a few months early last year. I got tired of the adhesive, weekly application, and limited access to my scalp. I started getting sew-ins....it was a better match for me.

PROS
Very natural looking..appears as if the hair is growing from your scalp.(Depending on the density...too thick WILL look wiggy...too thin WILL give it away.)

Great protective style.

No blending issues.

CONS
Adhesive ...very sticky during application and removal. Some adhesives are toxic.

Application/Removal .....sometimes it can take awhile until you get the hang of it.

Limited access to your scalp.

Expense ...lacefronts vary in price 150-3000 or more!

Choosing a trusted vendor .....everyone wants to be a lacefront dealer so you really must study who to purchase your wig from. I've heard horror stories of women paying for the wigs and receiving shoddy quality if they get the wig at all!

Thinning/Damaged hairlines.....since the unit is applied very close to the hairline....it is possible to damage it.

HTH

A Lace front is a wig. Many people opt for Lace fronts, because they are more natural looking, when properly applied the hairline is compeletly natural, and the hair appears to be growing from your scalp. the styling options are pretty much limitless if you get a full lace front, as opposed to weaves, wear you can't wear it in a tight bun, or in a top knot. I have bought some lace front weaves before I did NOT like the weaves at www.myindianhair.com. They great on the website, but when you get them in person They look nothing I mean NOTHING like the pics on the website. Their customer service can hardly be reached and I give them a F grade for everything. Plus the wigs that are supposed to be custome fit, based on your measurment is not good alsonot to mention it's expensive. Anyways. If you can find a reputable place lace fronts are cool, if you like additions to your hair. Mw...I was alergic to the glue, so I stopped wearing them.

Candy1978 said:
A Lace front is a wig. Many people opt for Lace fronts, because they are more natural looking, when properly applied the hairline is compeletly natural, and the hair appears to be growing from your scalp. the styling options are pretty much limitless if you get a full lace front, as opposed to weaves, wear you can't wear it in a tight bun, or in a top knot. I have bought some lace front weaves before I did NOT like the weaves at www.myindianhair.com. They great on the website, but when you get them in person They look nothing I mean NOTHING like the pics on the website. Their customer service can hardly be reached and I give them a F grade for everything. Plus the wigs that are supposed to be custome fit, based on your measurment is not good alsonot to mention it's expensive. Anyways. If you can find a reputable place lace fronts are cool, if you like additions to your hair. Mw...I was alergic to the glue, so I stopped wearing them.
I heard customer service was an issue even before the owner died. She used to post under SwtCandy on BHM. A long messy story.

MY mother started wearing a lace front so that she could stop going through the damage of glue from weaves. However, the ahesvive also took out her hair.

desperateval said:
MY mother started wearing a lace front so that she could stop going through the damage of glue from weaves. However, the ahesvive also took out her hair.
Yes, the lacefront can actually take your hair out--primarilly the edges by the hairline, which is the most fragile part as it is--if the glue gets in the hair . This is why some actually prefer weaves (sew-ins) to lacefronts and would probably tell you the former is less damaging.

Back