What are parabens and why are they bad?

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
I see that some women on LHCF avoid products with parabens in them, even if the product is fantastic. What's so horrible about parabens that these ladies stay away from products just because they contain them? Enlighten me :)

tiffers said:
I see that some women on LHCF avoid products with parabens in them, even if the product is fantastic. What's so horrible about parabens that these ladies stay away from products just because they contain them? Enlighten me :)

There was an informative thread made last year (when I was a lurker) about this issue. If you do a thread search on parabens, I am sure you will find it. It explained everything and if I am not mistaken, some of the posters listed products that have them that they no longer use.

http://www.aubrey-organics.com/about/treat_10synth.cfm

1. Methyl, Propyl, Butyl and Ethyl Paraben — Used as inhibitors of microbial growth and to extend shelf life of products. Have caused many allergic reactions and skin rashes. Studies have shown that they are weakly estrogenic and can be absorbed by the body through the skin. Widely used even though they are known to be toxic.

Back