What Age Did You Start To Grow Gray Hair?

Bunnyhaslonghair

Ebonics Queen
Hairs you had as a child don't count. When did you first start to gray during adulthood?

I found my first gray the other day. I'm weirdly excited about it. I don't plan on dying it. As of right now I want to keep it and go gray.

Last edited:
14 or 15 I had several then and throughout my twenties. About 35 my front and sides started to fill in. I'm 41 now and my greys are definitely make themselves known. I have always been a dyer. I did my first henna last month with pretty good results I will be doing again shortly.

I found my first at 30. It seemed fitting. I've gained about 1 per year since.

Neither of my parents are particularly gray at nearly 60. I mean they definitely have them, but they're not near a total head of it yet- especially my mom who is maybe 10-15% gray (mainly at the temples). I also know people in their 30s nearly half and half. There seems to be a really big range when it comes to graying.

On my head, right before turning 33. Other place 27:hide:
Yup started getting grey there too about five years ago. My late grandmother told me it would go grey then fall out when I was a teenager and I asked her why she didn't have any hair there. Which blew my little teenage mind. I didn't think about that conversation again until I stared to go grey there.

A few years ago at age 42. I found one and pulled it, thinking it was a piece of carpet. It had the nerve to be all thick, silver and extra sparkly. I showed it to DS1; he thought it was carpet lint, too. He found another that was sputtering color and plucked it for me. DH had been notified by us he failed in his duty of helping me spot these things. He sighed in annoyance since he is 30% silver right now.

I have five now and I don't like them. Yeah, I'm a plucker. Yeah, I know it could wreck the follicles. I just got my hair right and want to enjoy for a few years without worrying about a texture change these things can cause.

FYI:
If you don't like or want a head full of gray hair, the best way to slow their progress is to be sure to take Vitamin C, Bs, and Folic Acid supplements daily. I believe I inadvertantly prevented graying by taking these supplements (and others) for many years. Both my parents grayed early, so I should have been genetically predisposed to graying.

My late grandmother told me it would go grey then fall out when I was a teenager and I asked her why she didn't have any hair there. Which blew my little teenage mind.

I don't think it's the norm to lose all your pubic hair as you age. I have elderly (80+ years old) parents, aunts, uncles, and other acquaintances I've seen in the buff, and none are bald down there. Maybe not as bushy, but certainly not bald.
Wouldn't bother me if it happened to me, though!

My sister said she saw some in the back of my hair maybe two years ago. I didn't. I was 32.
Every now and then I'll see a very fine silver string on my fingers when I detangle.
I'm gonna continue to believe it's just lint or something else from the elements.:look:

Back