What Age Did You Start To Grow Gray Hair?

FYI:
If you don't like or want a head full of gray hair, the best way to slow their progress is to be sure to take Vitamin C, Bs, and Folic Acid supplements daily. I believe I inadvertantly prevented graying by taking these supplements (and others) for many years. Both my parents grayed early, so I should have been genetically predisposed to graying.
Copper is used for this too you guys.

At 29. I had one in the exact middle of my head and I pulled it out every time I saw it. I'm 30 now and I have 5. I do a demi permanent rinse every 8 weeks to keep them at bay.

Think I was about 37 before I saw any in my hair but saw them downstairs at about 34/35! :eek: I was horrified and thought it was from the 4/5 years I decided to be celibate after my first divorce. :lachen:Four years later from 37 I have them on the hairline only in the front and in the back kitchen area. I dye every 3-4 months with SM jet black.

I have greys downstairs. I'm 31, I have had them since I was 28. I literally have never said this out loud, been holding this in for 3 years lol.

This!!!! Lololol! I've had them since about 35 and they keep on coming smh. I have noticed as I get older that it's not as dense as it used to be overall which is fine by me.

I started graying I believe at age 36 with just a couple and started to grow a few every year since then. I'm 48 now and I guess one would say I am almost 20% gray right now.

I don't allow them all to grow to full maturity because I color my roots often. I am not ready to embrace them all just yet because I still have a bit of a young face so I'll color them for a couple more years.

Neither of my parents have grey hair that I've noticed. dad is 60, mom is 57...so i don't anticipate having them till I'm very old. I thought I had some a few years ago but now all my hair looks black.

26 maybe 25 years old but I'm ok with that at least for the moment. I've just noticed one maybe 2 or three even though my uncle told me I have more I think he was kidding.

Yup started getting grey there too about five years ago. My late grandmother told me it would go grey then fall out when I was a teenager and I asked her why she didn't have any hair there. Which blew my little teenage mind. I didn't think about that conversation again until I stared to go grey there.
Say what?! :thud: Nobody told me nuthin about that...:eek: So, Imma be bald there one day?o_O But anyway @Bunnyhaslonghair I think I noticed my first gray hair around 38 or so...It seems like I will take after my dad who has a nice blend going on in his 70s. My mom (also in her 70s) went gray in her late 20s. I've never known her not to dye her hair and at certain points her hair health has paid the price:nono:. I made my mind up as a child I would learn to embrace the gray whenever it came. I'm officially a grapehead right now and loving it. When I do color my hair (cause that's just my personality to do so) it's never in an attempt to cover my grays (prob about 10% gray) but because I want to rock some color trend I've seen like my latest obsession with my purple hair:gorgeous:. I usually only color my hair once a year. I tend to try to make sure the color is placed in ways so that as it grows out it doesn't look strange since I will not be doing alladat touching up and stuff... Forgot to add I found when I drank several glasses of Nettle tea a day it actually caused my hair to re-pigment itself...

I'm not really sure. I was told by a hairdresser that I had grays in the crown of my head when I was in my late 20's. They may have been there for years but I couldn't see them so I never knew.

I started getting obvious ones in my late 30's.

Halfway through my pregnancy with my son last year. It came out of nowhere. I was 29. There were only like 2. I'm pregnant again, and two more came with this one. I'm wondering if it is linked to anemia in any way? They are all towards the front of my hair, by my widow's peak. I don't like it.

This just made me realize my grandmother is nearly 70 and still doesn't have any gray hair.
While her daughter, my mother, has been coloring grays since her late 20s.

Back