Wet Wrapping-How do you get it Smooth?

lonei

Please share, do you use rollers on top? How do you part it, what combs/brushes do you use? How long does it take? Thanks

Your hair is really long. IMO wet wrapping is easier and more effective on shorter hair. When I did wet wrap my hair, it was short and I did have the roller on the top. I am just afraid that your beautiful hair would have to go through a lot of manipulation for a wet wrap and it may not come out too straight? Maybe someone could do it for you?

rdm said:
Your hair is really long. IMO wet wrapping is easier and more effective on shorter hair. When I did wet wrap my hair, it was short and I did have the roller on the top. I am just afraid that your beautiful hair would have to go through a lot of manipulation for a wet wrap and it may not come out too straight? Maybe someone could do it for you?
Yep, cosigning with what she said. Plus it takes FOREVER to dry. Trust me, Lonei, you're better off rollersetting IMO.:)

I know you guys are right, but it takes me over 1.5 hours to put the rollers in, then another 2 hours under the dryer, then 1 hour flat ironing and dont get me started on the washing! I did it last relaxer but it was smooth on the outside and the inside was a mess, I sat under there for 3 hours plus, but it only took say 15 mins to do, it was a lot of manipulation, your right. I did need more than pass of the flat iron too and i didnt have the curls i love at the ends. I know rollersetting is the best, but i just wish it wouldnt take so long!!!!!

This may not work for you, b/c your hair is way long than mine, but this is what I do:

1. I apply my leave-in conditioner and moisterizer to my hair
2. I slick my hair down to my head with a comb and sit under the dryer
3. When my hair is about halfway dry, THEN I wrap it, using wrap foam/mousse.

My hair comes out smooth each and every time!

Back