Wet bunning...what did I do wrong?

I agree I think too many leave ins...I have 4a hair I think(now that have seen the blog for 4a:grin:) I use the Kimmyatube leave in recipe (youtube) and then brush it back w/ water. I tie a silk scarf tightly around my hair. If I must use gel on edges I use IC Fantasia. The Ecostyler makes my hair too hard

Yes, indeed! I actually made her recipe, the one with the KCKT, aloe vera, etc, and haven't tried it yet. I need the power of the EcoStyler for this hair, girl! :)

Ooops I didn't see the pic above.....Cute I'm glad it worked...just remember when applying products less is sometimes more

Thanks so much, drkc01! :grin:

Which products did you use?

Hi, closer; I used Cantu shea butter leave-in, Taalia Waajid Mist Bodifyer, HS 14n1, and Giovanni Direct leave in, and a little castor oil. Too much, I know now! :drunk:

Hi op(i'm so slow at reading smtimes) but i was gonna say your hair looks like mine before i slick it down. Now i see you have deeper and more waves than me naturally.
You did a great job both times (you just didn't know it). The first time you could have wet tht hair down (w/spray bttle) and layed it down..scarf and go (even though you probably had too much product)
Congrats "Major accomplishment"!

Cool; yeah, BlaqBella, I thought about that, but considering all the products, I just wanted to start over! Thanks; it's good to know that it wasn't a total fail the first time like I thought it was!! :)

Your hair looks just like mine in a wet bun and when mine looks like that I usually think it looks cute! LoL!

ROFL, Mdmommy99! :spinning:

Pretty! Your hair looks really nice.

Thanks very much, Miss Tress! :grin:

It turned out great! What did you do? Have you tried with just ur hair too?

Thanks, Jina Ricci! :yep: I went back in and redid it with a few squirts of HS 14n1, a few squirts of setting lotion, and the EcoStyler, and just in case, some Softee gel, too! I haven't tried it with just my hair since I'm transitioning and still have about 3-4 inches of relaxed hair. I saw a bun tutorial where the lady wrapped her hair around and made a nice bun, but I haven't tried that yet. BTW, your hair is :drool: Gorgeous!

Back