Wet bun wearers. What do you do in the winter?

Honi

There is no board.
My how time flies. Summer is almost over and I'm already trying to plan ahead. I really loved the idea of wearing my condition washes in a wet/damp bun but what in the world do you do in the winter? I can't have wet hair in the cold. Do you sit under a hooded dryer or do wet buns less frequently and air dry over nite?

I only wash my hair on Sundays in the winter because I never leave the house on that day (winter only) so I don't have to worry about going out with damp hair.

You may want to let it air dry over night, or try wringing out more of the water. You could also wash the whole of your hair once a week and just put your hair in a ponytail and wet only that part and then moisturize and put it in a bun so that only a portion of your hair is damp.

In the winter I always wash my hair at night and when I go outside my head is always covered anyway - I don't play about being cold! If it is 50 degrees or less gotta have my head covered. Also if you dry overnight in a bun usually the only part of the hair that is still wet is the inside of the bun which the air can't get to as well anyway.

good question... i live in NYC and I am not trying to go outside in the wintertime with slightly damp hair
nono.gif
. I have caught a head cold a few times just going to sleep (in springtime, about 70degree weather)with a head that is toooo damp. I take a blow dryer and hold it over my head for atleast 5min to take away some of the wetness.

When it's cold out, I try to do my conditioner washes at night before bed instead of in the morning before work. It's still damp in the morning but not so unbearable that you can't go outside.

[ QUOTE ]
When it's cold out, I try to do my conditioner washes at night before bed instead of in the morning before work. It's still damp in the morning but not so unbearable that you can't go outside.

[/ QUOTE ]
I do this in the winter and summer....

Back