Went to a white hair salon of Friday....

Bun Mistress

kinda surprised I still have hair.

I went for a Keratin treatment on Friday last week. I was apprehensive (putting it nicely), b/c I tried to explained to them that 1. I have natural hair and relaxed ends and 2.I have ALOT of hair. See post shampoo pic below.

Well after th shampooed process, came the application and blow dry. The blow dry was a disaster, I know I had a lot of breaage. There was one guy that got it and he did about half of my hair but then had a client and the first girlr finished it. This was after a second guy tried, (and failed, quickly) to ROUND BRUSH MY HAIR DRY!

But, after the blow my hair still wasn't dry. So they knotted it (I was suprised) and put me under the dryer for 20 minutes.

Then the flar ironing. So guy number two (the one that couldn't blow dry came back to do the flat ironing, and he did a really nice flat ironing job, but then bridevilla and he posse showed put and I was again passed off to another girl that was well, not so good. She did about 1/4 of my hair and fianlly my my origianl stylist came back and finished.

Well the girl got overwhelmed and she used a lot of treatment (double the amount) so my hair is supper sticky now and I can't wash it for another 48 ish hours.
The whole process took 4 hours and 45 minutes. YES that long. And there were several time when two people where doing my hair at the same time.

The icing on the cake was when they waited my me rebook, they charged my 50 dollars extra for the rebooking (I booed but plan to cancel and do it myself at home next time). I thin the extra 50 is fair seeing as it will likely take then just as long. But really?

I don't have an after picture but they did get my hair really straight. Straighter than my former stylist. Hope my hair doesn't fall out!

Attachments

• before.jpg
    before.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 172
My nieces are natural, they get the keratin and their hair is so nice. The go to a Dominican salon.

Last time I went to a white stylist (Paul Mitchell hair school).. she acted like she was intimidated by my hair. Never again.

These pictures are from today. I've been putting oil on my hair so its kinda clumpy.

Attachments

• before.jpg
    before.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 60
  • after.jpg
    after.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 171
I think the stickiness may not be so bad. Let us know how your hair turns out after you wash it. I noticed it had some waves, hopefully that goes away. Like vevster said, you may want to try a dominican stylist next time.

It did come out really straight. But I can't believe you sat through all that foolishness..I feel like it's so rude for them to keep passing you off like that. You're not a football.
And how come you rebooked if you knew that they don't know how to do hair? Are they gonna refund you your $50 when you cancel?

sorry you had a bad experience :(. My experience at white hair salons were good but both times I only got a hair cut but still the guy knew how to handle my hair type. The Dominican salon is what messed me up.

It did come out really straight. But I can't believe you sat through all that foolishness..I feel like it's so rude for them to keep passing you off like that. You're not a football.
And how come you rebooked if you knew that they don't know how to do hair? Are they gonna refund you your $50 when you cancel?
thank you!! i mean, damn, i'm pretty darn timid myself...but nobody's gonna sit there and clown me like that when i spent my good money on a service. no sir.
your hair did get very straight. umm....why did they suggest you rebook?? i'm a bit confused.

Your hair is straight...but wow to the disrespect towards you. You are a paying client. I would like to know why are you going back to the salon? Also, could you please elaborate on the $50.00 fee? That seems a bit much. I certainly would not pay...did they pressure you?

Back