Went from BSL to APL (pics!) + Philadelphia stylist recommendation

LaurenMechelle

Last December, I had bangs cut because I always wanted to try them (even though my stylist warned me not to). Hated them. I'm glad I did it because I'd forever be wondering, and now I frickin KNOW BETTER. I've been growing them out for the past 10 months, and was fine with my hair until recently - my hair was almost all one length & I prefer long layers for body. I usually keep my hair somewhere between APL & BSL just to cut down on styling time, although it can & will & has grown longer when left to its own devices. I got a last-minute appointment with my go-to guy, and highly recommend him to anyone in the Philly area, relaxed or natural, long or short. He's awesome. His info:

Jamez Smith | Instagram

Currently working out of:
Anbrea's Beauty Salon
4141 Ridge Avenue
(215) 991-9181

Here's before - BSL
haircut2.jpg

And after - APL
haircut.jpg

You and your hair are beautiful. I'm loving that last pic - last row - "wave over the eye". It's fierce.!! <lol>

I don't think you needed a cut unless the before pictures aren't current. Still beautiful hair.

I got the impression from reading her post that she just felt like cutting it into layers...

Anywhoos.....phew! You are such a gorgeous lady and I am IN :love: with your hair!! The shine, and it looks so bouncy :drool: Love, love, love.

Looks great!
You and your hair are beautiful!

I love the cut and curls!!
Love your hair!
Thank you!

:thud: I have no words! Just beautiful, you and your hair :yep:
You and your hair are beautiful. I'm loving that last pic - last row - "wave over the eye". It's fierce.!! <lol>
Hahaha :bighug: thanks!

I don't think you needed a cut unless the before pictures aren't current. Still beautiful hair.
I got the impression from reading her post that she just felt like cutting it into layers...

Anywhoos.....phew! You are such a gorgeous lady and I am IN :love: with your hair!! The shine, and it looks so bouncy :drool: Love, love, love.
Thank you! And yes, I just wanted to cut it - I like having long layers & APL hair!

Wow, your APL is just as pretty as the BSL. And you are also very pretty. Keep up the good work.

What is your regiment?

Best,
Almond Eyes

I love your hair. And I was being nosey :look: on your IG. There was some funny stuff on there :lol: I hope you stop by the nail fanatics forum, if you have not already :yep: Lots of fun nail stuff, photos, tips, etc.

Thanks everyone!

Wow, your APL is just as pretty as the BSL. And you are also very pretty. Keep up the good work. What is your regiment? Best, Almond Eyes

Weekly I wash with:
Carol's Daughter Monoi Shampoo
MoroccanOil Moisture Repair Conditioner

Then blowdry/straighten with:
MoroccanOil
Garnier Fructis Blowdry Perfector

Monthly I relax with Dr. Miracle's Relaxer (Regular), then DC with Garnier Fructis 3 Minute Undo, then wash/blowdry/straighten as usual. I use a 2000 watt blowdry w/nozzle & round brushes to blowdry.

I don't wrap my hair or anything at night, and I don't use oils/moisturizers other than the above, which I apply to each section before blowdrying.

I love your hair. And I was being nosey :look: on your IG. There was some funny stuff on there :lol: I hope you stop by the nail fanatics forum, if you have not already :yep: Lots of fun nail stuff, photos, tips, etc.
Hahaha! I'm obsessssssed with nails, but have to grow mine back out - I watched seasons 1-5 of Sons of Anarchy backtobacktoback, and couldn't stop biting!

Thanks everyone!

Weekly I wash with:
Carol's Daughter Monoi Shampoo
MoroccanOil Moisture Repair Conditioner

Then blowdry/straighten with:
MoroccanOil
Garnier Fructis Blowdry Perfector

Monthly I relax with Dr. Miracle's Relaxer (Regular), then DC with Garnier Fructis 3 Minute Undo, then wash/blowdry/straighten as usual. I use a 2000 watt blowdry w/nozzle & round brushes to blowdry.

I don't wrap my hair or anything at night, and I don't use oils/moisturizers other than the above, which I apply to each section before blowdrying.

Wow, you relax monthly? Normally that's a path to breakage city but it's obviously working for you! Your hair is absolutely gorgeous! :love:

Sent from my Nexus 7 using LHCF

Beautiful hair!

I knew you relaxed monthly because I've seen your youtube videos before. I did not know you were a LHCF member.

Your stylist is awesome. Keep up the good work with your hair. What you are doing is working!

My dream hair! Just lovely! I love beautiful APL-BSLish hair. So much to do with it without it looking blah. You and your hair are beautiful!:yep:

Wow, you relax monthly? Normally that's a path to breakage city but it's obviously working for you! Your hair is absolutely gorgeous! :love: Sent from my Nexus 7 using LHCF
Thanks! I know it's unconventional, but it works for me =)

Beautiful hair! I knew you relaxed monthly because I've seen your youtube videos before. I did not know you were a LHCF member. Your stylist is awesome. Keep up the good work with your hair. What you are doing is working!
Yeah! I joined a couple years ago, but decided today to actually start posting & join the community!

LaurenMechelle, was ur stylist gentle with ur hair? I live in Philly too & have been in search of a quality stylists. I see ur stylists is on ridge ave. what part of Philly? Im in west:yep:is she pricey?

TIA!!

Last edited:
LaurenMechelle, was ur stylist gentle with ur hair? I live in Philly too & have been in search of a quality stylists. I see ur stylists is on ridge ave. what part of Philly? Is it west? I hope so cause I'm in west. :yep: is she pricey? TIA!!
He's amazing, and it's less than $100 for a wash/blowdry/cut/style (before tip). If you make an appointment, ask in advance to have him blowdry you - those assistants rarely know what they're doing. The salon is in Manayunk (across the river from W. Philly) on Main Street, where it intersects with Ridge (I think, going off memory).

Back