From BSL to APL

I just recently had surgery. Medication, hospital bedding and anesthesia completely wreaked havoc on my hair. The entire middle was broken, not to mention my hair is shedding. I couldn't take the way my hair looked. So I walked up the block (20 minutes ago) and my hairdresser took 2 inches off my hair. I went from BSL to APL is 2 minutes. Do you think I did the right thing? Or was this a drastic move ? :cry2::cry2::cry2:

Last edited:
I think it's probably a good start to a new beginning. Hoepfully you'll stay healthy and your hair will improve as well as the rest of your body. Hope you're feeling better!

What's mainly important is your health!! I'm happy and I thank God you're doing better. I think that if your ends were damaged and beyond repair, your only options would have been to try to trim slowly or cut it all off. Either way it you would've had to cut it..I'm like you...if I couldn't take it..I would've chopped! If they were splits..you did the right thing! Don't worry! It'll all grow back !!

PLEASE TAKE CARE OF YOU GIRLIE! You can always grow your hair back or wear a wig, but at this point, please take care of you! AT least you are only going back to BSL. Take care of yourself first, then take time to take care of your hair. You will be in my prayers.

I just recently had surgery. Medication, hospital bedding and anesthesia completely wreaked havoc on my hair. The entire middle was broken, not to mention my hair is shedding. I couldn't take the way my hair looked. So I walked up the block (20 minutes ago) and my hairdresser took 2 inches off my hair. I went from BSL to APL is 2 minutes. Do you think I did the right thing? Or was this a drastic move ? :cry2::cry2::cry2:

I can relate to what you have been through. I have been under doctor's care since June 11th. 2 surgerys along with other procedures. I've had to sleep on my back through all of this. I had about two inches chopped off in November because it really needed it. I have no regrets. I'm coming to the end of my medical nightmare turned blessing. Soon I will be able to give my hair the attention it needs. You did the right thing.

you have made BSL so i'm sure you will be able to do it again......hope you are better now!!!!!!!!!!!

Back