Went from a Lacefront to a Fall *PICS IN FOTKI*

atlien11 said:
Sorry to post and run but i updated my fotki album with a fall i purchased at a BSS. Just another option for a protective style thats not a huge commitment (not to mention it looks cute).

Its 100% human hair and came in jet black. Ill be back to post what brand, etc. etc. Just thought i would share my album and a few pics.

Happy Holidays Ladies!

-atlien11

ETA: Ok i was going to post pictures but they are huge. A few extra clicks to my fotki...sorry :cool:

they're pretty and they look pretty on you:)

HOLY CANOLI...i had no idea this thread would still even be visible, LOL.

Thank you everybody for the compliments and support (and the 1000 PM's LOL).

Just to clear up some confusion...here is a picture of a FALL (its also know as a half wig). Its very easy to apply and unlike a lacefront, there is no adhesive and can come on and off with ease.

yhst-2519492840586_1927_50170625

A lace wig is a full wig that has a lace base. Its normally applied with adhesive, sew-ed down, or the use of pins.

IMG_0545.jpg

IMG_0603.jpg

atlien11 said:
HOLY CANOLI...i had no idea this thread would still even be visible, LOL.

Thank you everybody for the compliments and support (and the 1000 PM's LOL).

Just to clear up some confusion...here is a picture of a FALL (its also know as a half wig). Its very easy to apply and unlike a lacefront, there is no adhesive and can come on and off with ease.

yhst-2519492840586_1927_50170625

Which brand and style did you use?

The one in the pictures i posted is a BSS store brand...ill have to go find the tag to see who made it.

I actually bought 2 falls...i didnt post pictures of the other one which i got online. They look really similar but the one with pics is a tad bit longer. Here is the second one i purchased ( i got it in black)...it was recommended by another member...Kinikakes i think?? *sorry i cant remember*

the picture looks crazy to me in red, but when i ordered it in black and got it in the mail (took 2 days) it was beautiful.
http://store.goldenmartbeautysupply.com/huinwe.html
yhst-2519492840586_1930_33371725

Last edited:
^^I was going to get that SAME one from www.hairsisters.com(it's cheaper there also) but the red threw me off but i thought it'd be nicer in black too, my hair twin has it and says it's lovely !!

Yeah its pretty amazing. The only thing you have to be careful of is the combs on the inside. I think it would be stress on your hair if you wore this EVERY SINGLE DAY and didnt remove it. I have been taking mine off and reparting it just so that its not in the same spot everyday.

Also, i am thinking about cornrowing the bottom half of my hair so that the comb can be placed there. Someone suggested removing the comb and replacing it with wig clips.

girl you do it everytime...first the lacefronts and now the falls...you definetly know how to work them....and they look so so real...you do look like a model(very pretty and photogenic)....i liked all the pics you had in your album...i dont really care for falls(half-wigs)..i rather do full wig caps because i hate trying to get my hair to match the hair i have and with my texture of my hair being like it is...but you make me want to go out and get a new wig....:)

Ms.Allyse said:
Wig clips??
Im on a roll with these pictures :lol: You would take the comb out and attach these wig clips on the inside for hold. They are probably more gentle on the hair.
yhst-50633275896697_1925_12641983

bluediamond0829 said:
girl you do it everytime...first the lacefronts and now the falls...you definetly know how to work them....and they look so so real...you do look like a model(very pretty and photogenic)....i liked all the pics you had in your album...i dont really care for falls(half-wigs)..i rather do full wig caps because i hate trying to get my hair to match the hair i have and with my texture of my hair being like it is...but you make me want to go out and get a new wig....:)
Thanks Bluediamond,

I was in the process of dying my hair black and decided to give the half wigs a try. Blending my hair was a little easier than i thought but like every hair venture, there is a potential for damage. So i am not going to stress the hair i left out trying to blend it. This protective style is definitely not going to fly once i hit week 9 and up of stretching :nono:

My Boyfriend is like "girl you have too much hair already", but i dont care. I like not doing it sometimes.

Last edited:
atlien11 said:
The one in the pictures i posted is a BSS store brand...ill have to go find the tag to see who made it.

I actually bought 2 falls...i didnt post pictures of the other one which i got online. They look really similar but the one with pics is a tad bit longer. Here is the second one i purchased ( i got it in black)...it was recommended by another member...Kinikakes i think?? *sorry i cant remember*

the picture looks crazy to me in red, but when i ordered it in black and got it in the mail (took 2 days) it was beautiful.
http://store.goldenmartbeautysupply.com/huinwe.html
yhst-2519492840586_1930_33371725

That's a Sensationnel Instant Weave. I've had this same fall in that red int he picture and it wasn't that crazy looking in person. :lol: I got a lot of compliments when I wore it a few years ago. There's pics in my fotki. I also bought it in 1b, and a 1b with golden highlights in it.

Go ATLien11! Luvin' the fall. You look great! :) I'm still dreaming about my lacefront... Hopefully in the new year.

Last edited:
Very pretty Atlien. My question is ... how were you able to part your hair in the middle without weft showing? I that one on in the bss a few months back and you could see the weft through my hair. Also, the netting was showing through the back.

LiLi said:
Very pretty Atlien. My question is ... how were you able to part your hair in the middle without weft showing? I that one on in the bss a few months back and you could see the weft through my hair. Also, the netting was showing through the back.
LiLi, Sorry for answering 10 hours later (girl ive been out enjoying my vacation :grin:).

To answer your question, i just parted down the middle but i left enough room to cover over the weft "hump". After that, you shouldnt be able to see any of the wefts at all. Next time you buy one, really inspect the wefts, the hair quality, and the hump to make sure everything is in tact. I wasnt able to see any of the netting on any of the half wigs i got. I hope that helps ;)

Back