** WELLLLPP, I took the plunge! My BKT Journey with PICS of course! **

where have you been missy?!?! Good seeing you and I love your results. (We have the exact same color as well.)

Did you color your hair yourself? If so, what did you use. I love the highlights.

where have you been missy?!?! Good seeing you and I love your results. (We have the exact same color as well.)

Did you color your hair yourself? If so, what did you use. I love the highlights.

Tee my darling! Girl, its been a rough year and it isn't even halfway over yet. Between school and work, I barely have time to breathe. :nono:

The color was actually done at a salon in the city.

Your hair turned out really nice. I got my BKT done in January at a salon and my results didn't last long. I think I should go ahead and do it myself with the brand you used because your results are amazing!

Your self-bkt is the healthiest and smoothest I've seen on this board. Congratulations! I'm sure you'll do fine in the NYC humidity this summer. Excellent.

Awesome! I'm still loving my BKT hair. I'm amazed at how straight my hair stays with me flatironing myself, and it still keeps up with the Houston Humidity.

Your hair turned out really nice. I got my BKT done in January at a salon and my results didn't last long. I think I should go ahead and do it myself with the brand you used because your results are amazing!

Thanks! I highly recommend DIY... It's really not as complicated as people make it see, IMO if you can self-relax, you can self-BKT.

Your self-bkt is the healthiest and smoothest I've seen on this board. Congratulations! I'm sure you'll do fine in the NYC humidity this summer. Excellent.

Awww thanks!!

Thanks! I highly recommend DIY... It's really not as complicated as people make it see, IMO if you can self-relax, you can self-BKT.

Too true! That pretty much was my thinking on the subject; I researched thoroughly, then had it done in a salon once (asking a billion questions and watching every move in the mirror) just to make sure I had it down, and I've been doing my own ever since.

Too true! That pretty much was my thinking on the subject; I researched thoroughly, then had it done in a salon once (asking a billion questions and watching every move in the mirror) just to make sure I had it down, and I've been doing my own ever since.

That's great! I'm a firm believer in DIY. :yep:

BEAUTIFUL. Got me thinking.... off to research this BKT. From the website, sounds pretty easy, seems like it may be easier then relaxing since you don't have to worry about overlapping. The hardest part would be all the blowdrying.

BEAUTIFUL. Got me thinking.... off to research this BKT. From the website, sounds pretty easy, seems like it may be easier then relaxing since you don't have to worry about overlapping. The hardest part would be all the blowdrying.

Honestly speaking... It's not hard at all. At least not with Softliss, which is the brand that I used. Its DEFINITELY easier than relaxing.

And in all honesty, you don't need to do the naked blowdry. I would instead towel blot the hair and apply the BKT afterwards, and THEN proceed with the next round of blowdrying.

So instead of doing two sets of blowdrying, you'd only do one. I did that with my mother's BKT and I plan to do that for my next touch up.

Back