I took the plunge and BKTed

Thanks everyone!!! I used samples I got from Fab. DH. It took about 3 hours total I think. I let my hair airdry for about 30 minutes before the naked blow dry. I don't know if I will relax again. My roots are not straight, but I think they will be with my next BKT.

The only problem I see so far is the hair products. I don't really know which ones to use to not strip the BKT off. I bought Yes to Carrots today and I am going to try that out. I believe Fab said she loved it.

The only problem I see so far is the hair products. I don't really know which ones to use to not strip the BKT off. I bought Yes to Carrots today and I am going to try that out. I believe Fab said she loved it.

You'll find that many of the products you already have will work just fine, Ms. L. Just as long as it doesn't list "sodium chloride" go for it. I stay away from harsh sulfates also, but it's not required.

You hair is beautiful. And you hair has a beautiful sheen. I love the way your hair covers your "progress t-shirt".

OT: Toy your hair is AWESOME :yep:

Oh my goodness!! :drool: :drool: :drool: :notworthy

I think this is the biggest misconception about BKT. The primary benefit of BKT is not straight hair. BKT provides silkier, tangle free, more manageable (and in my case) stronger hair with great shine and swang.

ETA: AND relaxed and texlaxed ladies can receive bone straight results with a coating that adds an additional layer of protection if they have porosity issues and such. Not to mention relaxed ladies can use BKT to stretch with ease.

Nope, it's not a double process. The BKT product, itself does not contain a chemical that "processes". That's why there is never any need to "neutralize" or stop the "process".

WOW, I had no idea.:blush: I hope I didn't offend anyone. I'll remember this when my transitiotion starts to get harder.:yep:

Leona,

Your hair is beautiful, you did an excellent job it looks professional! :) I'm texlaxed and I BKT. Right now I'm using it to transition (7 months post) back to my natural texture. I love it and the last BKT I used came from Fab too (Love you FAB :) ). Welcome to BKT-ville..lol..you can look at my bkt hair in my Fotki. :)

Back