well, what to do...i think these SETBACK threads have done a number on ME...

kurlybella

:look:

i've been growing my hair (exhibit b) since 07 under my lace wig (exhibit a). now, i'm tired of this thing and want to wear my hair out which i will be doing by thanksgiving - in its natural state. then at christmas i'm getting a dominican blowout.

i'm so anxious though. :perplexed ya'll don't laugh, because it's true. it's like i'm handling a little baby that i'm afraid i'm going to hurt.

this is the longest my hair has been. it's always gotten to a nice shoulder length then broken off for a multitued of different reasons.

i'll be fine aobut my hair, but then i see all these bun your hair up threads and all these set back threads where it seems if you even look at your hair too hard it starts to break off. like, lawd i ate oatmeal this morning and lost three inches, just fell off right there in my cofee cup!!! girl, me too! my husband and i kissed, and bam! all of my edges fell out!! :nono:

i just don't want my hair to overwhelm me. i like it simple. no more bandwagons -- though my only one was megatek -- and no more leaving threads scared to do something because i'm afraid all of the hair i've grown is going to fall out.

i'm almost afraid to see what it looks like all straight (to see my acual length and progress) though i'm still excited. but, the thing is, i've learned from my set backs and know exactly what i need to do. :ohwell: i think maybe i just need to stay away from these setback threads for a while. :look:

has anyone ever experienced anything like this before? hair anxiety?

exhibit a:
IMG_1547.jpg

exhibit b:
hurr.jpg

i'll be fine aobut my hair, but then i see all these bun your hair up threads and all these set back threads where it seems if you even look at your hair too hard it starts to break off. like, lawd i ate oatmeal this morning and lost three inches, just fell off right there in my cofee cup!!! girl, me too! my husband and i kissed, and bam! all of my edges fell out!! :nono:
:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

I haven't suffered from the type of hair anxiety that you've spoken of. But, it seems like you have it under control. You know what works for you so stick with it. My only advice is to take it slow with things you're unsure of. And when you go get your blowout, SPEAK UP if the person is doing something you don't like.

Congratulations on your progress!

Back