well I'm sad

4mia

i went to the hairdresser today and got a relaxer after a 3mth stretch. the stylist basically told me my ends were bad, my bsb hair ended up sl. Even though i know my ends probably needed it, im a little depressed

I would be sad too. Do you agree with the stylist? Did that much length have to be taken off?

OP so sorry to hear that. I am convinced that they just feel the need to cut even when not necessary. must be in the training manual or something.

OT- what is BSB?

I'm sorry this happened to you 4mia.:hug3: Trust I have been where you are. Hopefully you can find another stylist who is not scissor happy.

bsb is below shoulder blade

in a way i knew my ends needed a trim, i would have rather she cut off little at a time.

2010030618_57_31-vi.jpg

Sl to BSB is anywhere from 5-8 inches apart. So you had a year's worth of hair that was completely jacked up and needed to be cut? That doesn't sound right to me.

But, if you had that many inches of ends that needed to be cut off (and I mean split, knotted, damaged beyond repair) then you need to figure out what you're doing in your regimen that's causing your hair to end up like that.

I am sorry to hear that....But BSB to SL is kind of a lot. are you sure that was all damaged?

well i had layers from a previous stylist i think this one was trying to cut my hair even, i know my ends were split, i just gave birth 8 weeks ago. I dont think that much needed to be cut though. she gave me a roller wrap but when i stretch one of the curls its sl. hopefully i can get my hair to grow fast

well i had layers from a previous stylist i think this one was trying to cut my hair even, i know my ends were split, i just gave birth 8 weeks ago. I dont think that much needed to be cut though. she gave me a roller wrap but when i stretch one of the curls its sl. hopefully i can get my hair to grow fast

Did you ask her to cut it even? Was she given explicit instructions?

maybe i got the bsb measurment off, i know my hair was a few inches past apl and now its sl

congrats on your little one.

it sounds like you got an unnecessary cut instead of a trim. do you have a pic of your hair before she cut it? next time, please go to a stylist thats not scissor happy.

OP so sorry this happened to you. Hearing stories like this scare me to death, I have a reveal in June, I don't want to end up in jail behind my hair, because for me it's that serious...

i went to the hairdresser today and got a relaxer after a 3mth stretch. the stylist basically told me my ends were bad, my bsb hair ended up sl. Even though i know my ends probably needed it, im a little depressed

Same happened 2 me. I was thrilled to have gained 0.5 inches, then snip, off goes 0.5 for a trim. .:nono: And given that it was "that" time of month i went home and cried.

Last edited:
This is why I refuse to get my hair cut. Uneven ends or not. Whatever. Until I find a stylist that I know won't lost her/his darn MIND in my head....It'll just be uneven for awhile.

Your hair will grow back though!! At least you know how to take care of it and keep it healthy. You''ll be fine.

I'm sorry OP that you had to get so much cut off. However, it will grow back so don't get too down on yourelf. If you know that this was something that needed to be done anyway, just take a deep breath...It'll be alright...

I usually self-relax after 13 weeks. I am currently attempting a year long stretch. I know I will not be able to self-relax after a 52 week stretch. My rule is that the person who puts in the relaxer WILL NOT be the person to give me a trim. I know I will need to lose about two inches. I am going to get the relaxer, get a roller set, then a week later go to SuperCuts and let Becky T.R.I.M. my hair exactly the way I want it trimmed!

You gotta try to look at the bright side. At least now your hair is even, your ends are thick. Now just make sure to keep them that way :)

I usually self-relax after 13 weeks. I am currently attempting a year long stretch. I know I will not be able to self-relax after a 52 week stretch. My rule is that the person who puts in the relaxer WILL NOT be the person to give me a trim. I know I will need to lose about two inches. I am going to get the relaxer, get a roller set, then a week later go to SuperCuts and let Becky T.R.I.M. my hair exactly the way I want it trimmed!

This is actually a good idea, thank you.:yep:

These days I think that you either have to be ready to do battle with your stylist or learn how to do your own hair. Me? I'm learning how to do my own hair because I don't have the patience to argue/fight with a SHS. If somebody cut that much hair off my head without my permission it wouldn't just be my hair on the floor. :whip:

I know how you feel. I promise you your hair retention will skyrocket! In December my stylist cut me from past BSL to a little past SL and now my hair is APL and retaining length nicely. Your hair will grow back stronger and healthier, just aim for more frequent (very small trims) and you will be fine...

Your hair is still gawjus!

OP, I'm so sorry to hear that happened to you! My stylist chopped my hair a year ago and was verrry pushy about it. I wish I had said no and been very stubborn about it but I knew I needed some kind of trim and he made me feel like if I didn't get a trim, my hair was just going to get worse.

Your hair will grow back but yeah, it sucks to see that progress on the floor...

My rule is that the person who puts in the relaxer WILL NOT be the person to give me a trim. I know I will need to lose about two inches. I am going to get the relaxer, get a roller set, then a week later go to SuperCuts and let Becky T.R.I.M. my hair exactly the way I want it trimmed!

this is a pretty good rule. I'm going to follow it myself.

I'm sorry hun. That just ticks me off! It sounds like another case of a scissor happy/jealous stylist. Ugh! Fortunately, it will grow back.

Great idea! Oooh girl....no trim with your relaxer? Your stylist might fall out. Get ready to hear all kinds of complaints about your ends and how they need to be cut so your hair can grow. *rolls eyes*

what makes itsoo bad ialmost thought she was part of the hairboards. She did the protein tx after relaxing and before neutralizing, she believes the scalp does not need grease, and she is able to make a 6 months post freshly relaxed. I would be hurt if I found out she was a fellow lhcf sista
on the bright side at least my hair is healthy and i got alot of compliments

Back