Well, I think that I'm going to go ahead and...

Miss_Jetsetter

Well, I think that I\'m going to go ahead and...

get started with my haircare regimen...whew! I am so excited! I am new and I posted my story a few days ago and I'd like to say thank you to all of the ladies who responded and provided encouragemet to me.
Well, right now my hair is appoximately 2 inches past my shoulders. Good length, but the ends are sooo split. So when I go see my hair stylist today, I am going to request that he cut off ALL split ends. i don't care if he has to cut it up to my ears. If that what it takes, then so be it!
From researching the boards, I have decided that I would like to begin using Keracare products. Like trial and error, ya know? Also, I would like to incorporate vitamin use into my daily life as well.
I wanna get some pics up for you guys, but I have no idea how to upload them! but as soon as I figure it out, I will share.
I love this board!! Thanks!

Re: Well, I think that I\'m going to go ahead and...

Congrats to you. I fairly recently joined the board too and I also started out with Keracare products. So far I love them. I haven't tried anything else recommended on the board but it is SOOO hard not to wanna try the things mentioned. When I first came on I was on the verge of becoming a product junkie. But I quickly changed my mind and decided to stick with the Keracare. So far so good. Keracare has worked wonders for me and I already see growth. I used their Dry and Itchy scalp shampoo and that has been the best for me cause I have such a dry scalp. I did purchase some Surge though. I will try using that in the summer when I can wash my hair more often.

So that's my one piece of advice for ya. DO NOT become a product junkie. Stick with what ya know. If you feel the Keracare isn't working then switch to something else but at least give it a fair run before you switch.

Re: Well, I think that I\'m going to go ahead and...

Good Luck to you! I hope you didn't let your stylist get too scissor happy.

I find that with the proper hair care and attention hair can make a significant turnaround with cutting it all off.

Let us know the results of your visit!

Re: Well, I think that I\'m going to go ahead and..

Wolftrap, Jetsetter,

Congrations on joining the board. I have really enjoyed the forum. I have suffered a lot of drama lately but I've make a lot of progress. Best of Luck to the both of you.

Hi Jetsetter & Wolftrap
wave.gif

[ QUOTE ]
lsubabiedee said:
dontspeak, what techniques work for repairing damaged hair

[/ QUOTE ]

I know what is key for me is provided intense moisture moisture. In times of great need I lay it on really thick with the deep conditioning. Usually about 3 times a week. After conditioning I put on extra moisturizing products and seal it all in with some type of oil.

Also a good protein conditioner like Keraphix works wonders for damaged hair.

I would only suggest a slight trim and try to bring your hair back by giving it a little extra TLC. You can go from there. Trust me I have been there before and my hair has recovered quite nicely!

Good Luck!

thanks for that advice...i dont deep condition as much as i should

Back