Well, I got a real good "SCRITCH" in tonight!

Blossssom

Yes, this amla/shikakai oils are marvelous. Hair is getting thicker and the shine is "da bomb" (no terrorist intentions).

I went to Sally's tonight and purchased a thick spray bottle to mix the powders and water in.

I will be trying the powder mix next wash :yep:

More amla powder than shi... I think I got that right. Heehee! :)

"Scritch" sure felt good, though. For everyone who is not amla/shi oiling and "scritching", what on earth are you waiting for? Ha!

You got nice hair, Trace... your hair would LOVE the oils! :)

I have to order some more before I run dry. I looked for the Indian store the woman at the convenience store told me about, but I couldn't find it.

ON-LINE is the KEY! :)

Gorgeous hair, Blossom. Glad that you had a pleasant ayurvedic experience. I am so loving ayurveda myself. I started off with henna. Now, i also use neem powder, tulsi powder, amla powder, shikakai powder and aritha powder. I also love himgange ayurvedic oil. I do the herbal tea rinses almost daily and henna weekly.

You got nice hair, Trace... your hair would LOVE the oils! :)

I have to order some more before I run dry. I looked for the Indian store the woman at the convenience store told me about, but I couldn't find it.

ON-LINE is the KEY! :)

thank you.......I'm a work in progress.....I'm learning though...

Is there a how to link???

Gorgeous hair, Blossom. Glad that you had a pleasant ayurvedic experience. I am so loving ayurveda myself. I started off with henna. Now, i also use neem powder, tulsi powder, amla powder, shikakai powder and aritha powder. I also love himgange ayurvedic oil. I do the herbal tea rinses almost daily and henna weekly.

Thanks Caramel... I wish I had the time to do a daily thing. I used to co-wash daily, but that was another time and another place in my journey.

Trace, I will look for threads started by the queen of Indian hair products. I can't remember her name, but I'll look around and bump them :)

Yes, this amla/shikakai oils are marvelous. Hair is getting thicker and the shine is "da bomb" (no terrorist intentions).

I went to Sally's tonight and purchased a thick spray bottle to mix the powders and water in.

"Scritch" sure felt good, though. For everyone who is not amla/shi oiling and "scritching", what on earth are you waiting for? Ha!

Just be warned that washing with a paste made out of the powders is "different" :look:, the results are amazing, but it takes some getting used too.

God, your hair is absolutely AMAZING!

Yes, I'm going to use PLENTY of water when I do the powder "poos" :)

Boiling hot and mix those powders well. I'm thinking of buying a blender! Ha!

Hey, if I am trying out on the oils for the first time, do I have to have one of the powders with it too?

Also, are you guys parting your hair and putting it in sections when you apply the oils? Or just putting it all over?

Hey, if I am trying out on the oils for the first time, do I have to have one of the powders with it too? I think you'll be fine w/just the oils.

Also, are you guys parting your hair and putting it in sections when you apply the oils? Or just putting it all over? After I prepoo (be it for a few hours or overnight) I take an applicator bottle & apply the shikakai oil all over my scalp; then I scritch.

Hey, if I am trying out on the oils for the first time, do I have to have one of the powders with it too? I think you'll be fine w/just the oils.

Also, are you guys parting your hair and putting it in sections when you apply the oils? Or just putting it all over? After I prepoo (be it for a few hours or overnight) I take an applicator bottle & apply the shikakai oil all over my scalp; then I scritch.

Yea, I just start spraying and then start "scritching". An applicator bottle sounds fine to :yep:

I just make sure all of my scalp meets that precious oil ;)

Your hair is SWEET, Nakia.

I'm going to do this RIGHT NOW!!!!! I was just heating up some Amla oil as I'm reading this :yep:
How long do I "Scritch" ?

I'm going to do this RIGHT NOW!!!!! I was just heating up some Amla oil as I'm reading this :yep:
How long do I "Scritch" ?

I scritched for 15 minutes, just as recommended by the "queen" of scritching. Felt good too :yep:

I just took my bonnet off and the oils saturated very well overnight. My hair is very soft. Can't wait to comb it out :)

I have to order some more "scritch" oils soon. Can't be running out, can I? :lol:

Surgeon General's Warning: Scritching is highly addictive behavior . Can lead to a life long desire to Scritch!
Glad your loving it- your hair is beautiful- I tried the Shikakai Bar the Schritchiness factor was not there- Had to redo the process and Scritch. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!

I scritched for 15 minutes, just as recommended by the "queen" of scritching. Felt good too :yep:

I just took my bonnet off and the oils saturated very well overnight. My hair is very soft. Can't wait to comb it out :)

I have to order some more "scritch" oils soon. Can't be running out, can I? :lol:

where are you ordering the shikakai oil? i have no indian stores around me, that i know about anyway and none of the bss even know what it is!!!:grin:

I just use Blended Beauty Hair Oil
and add Rosemary & Peppermint essential oil
when I scritch.... but ummm
yeah... Scritching is the SH**!!!

Yea, I just start spraying and then start "scritching". An applicator bottle sounds fine to :yep:

I just make sure all of my scalp meets that precious oil ;)

Your hair is SWEET, Nakia.

Thanks girl - definitely a work in progress but I'm loving the Ayurvedic routine. Have you tried a henna yet? I found a henna pro on fotki that is willing to "hold my hand" & walk me through it. I think I'm going to get up the nerve next month.

Thank you, Nappity! "Scritch, scritch, SCRITCH!" :grin:

Feels good, huh? :yep:

Your hair is GORGEOUS!

Thanks for the compliment. And remember when you scritch- I scritch and we are starting a scritching revolution. My SO might be getting replaced if he cant scritch:grin:

can someone point in the direction of where the scritching craze started:ohwell: I'm lost. I just got 3 inches of my hair cut (my decision because of damaged/thin ends) and I want them back!

What is scritching?

God, your hair is absolutely AMAZING!

Yes, I'm going to use PLENTY of water when I do the powder "poos" :)

Boiling hot and mix those powders well. I'm thinking of buying a blender! Ha!

Wow, I'm really slow today because I just say this! Anyways, thank you so much!:grin:

Use an immersion blender if you have one. . . not that it matters because my mix is ALWAYS grainy, it's probably just me- i've gotten over it though.

Back