Well, I finally did it!

I got my hair done at the salon Saturday. I've been doing my hair for 5 years straight now and finally decided to see a haircare pro that my cousin recommended. I say haircare pro because she inspected my hair & scalp, asked me questions about my regimen, then gave me the results of her analysis. After basing my scalp, she gave me a mild relaxer (PCJ). After using the neutralizer, she washed my hair with some type of mint cucumber shampoo because my scalp had been soooo dry. I gotta tell you, my scalp felt so good & alive after that. Then she gave me a deep conditioner and wet set my hair with BB Foam Wrap Lotion. When my hair dried, she greased my scalp with Ultra Sheen's Anti-Itch Tea Grease. Then showed me how to wrap my hair. My hair was soooooo soft and bouncy and shiny, and my scalp felt like it was saying, Ahhhhhh!
look.gif

I followed her wrapping instructions and this morning my hair still looks the same way it did when I left her chair! I am so pleased and I only paid $65 for a relaxer, cut, deep conditioner, scalp treatment & wet set. I am definitely impressed. Plus, while I was there, other patrons were telling me how they had bald spots or badly brokened off hair, and how she got their hair whipped back into shape with caring for their hair and recommending hair protein vitamins, which some of them took while we waited. I definitely plan on going back. I can't express how much of a relief this was because I have been looking for a "haircare pro" for years.
grin.gif

Wow, that's a good price for all the services you got. She sounds like my hairdresser. Where is she located? We may go to the same stylist.

[ QUOTE ]
SoniT said:
Wow, that's a good price for all the services you got. She sounds like my hairdresser. Where is she located? We may go to the same stylist.

[/ QUOTE ]

Her name is Dawn and she's located in Baltimore City in Maryland at All In One Salon.
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Allandra said:
Wow, sounds like you had a great salon experience.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did and it took me 5 years to find someone who actually cared for my scalp/hair instead of just styling it, and also that it still looks nice.

Wow!!! That's great!! Glad to hear it! It's really good to know that there are some Hairdressers who take great pride in Helping their clients achieve healthy hair and who consistently use healthy hair practices! Great going!

What made you choose PCJ relaxer? Was it the lye version? Is this the relaxer that you used for 5 years at home on your own? Inquiring minds want to know.
brainy.gif
I'm planning to try PCJ for my first self-relaxer.

This is great news. And to hear that other clients were praising her is even more assuring. I dont think I could ever find a hair care pro in my area...Ive basically given up.

Back