Weird question about relaxers etc calling all scientists lol

I wonder if this makes any difference in hair damage ...... most of the time , back when i got relaxers,, i did not wash my hair back to its curl first... i would relax on straightend hair.... is it possible that since i was applying the relaxer to hair which was already straight that i was breaking the bonds further than i shoudlve been??? Does it matter at all? I just wondered if this was why my hair hair was so so damaged by relaxers... ETA! lol i think i didnt word my OP correctly,,,,, I was always very careful to not double process,, what i meant was the hair was already blow dried or flat ironed straight b4 a relaxer was applied... but the hair was virgin hair,,, would the the fact that it was ironed make a difference?

Last edited:
Yes, you were overprocessing your hair.

I wonder if this makes any difference in hair damage ...... most of the time , back when i got relaxers,, i did not wash my hair back to its curl first... i would relax on straightend hair.... is it possible that since i was applying the relaxer to hair which was already straight that i was breaking the bonds further than i shoudlve been??? Does it matter at all? I just wondered if this was why my hair hair was so so damaged by relaxers...

Yeah, it was over-processing your hair. When I was relaxed my stylist would apply the relaxer through all of my hair when I came in for a re-touch.:nono:

Yeah, I don't straighten my new growth before a relaxer. I want to make sure she knows exactly where the NG stops.

OH no,, i think i didnt word my OP correctly,,,,, I was always very careful to not double process,, what i meant was the hair was already blow dried or flat ironed straight b4 a relaxer was applied... but the hair was virgin hair,,, would the the fact that it was ironed make a difference?

I was wondering the same thing. I flat iron my hair before a relaxer too just to make it easier to part. but I guess I will stop that.

I was wondering the same thing. I flat iron my hair before a relaxer too just to make it easier to part. but I guess I will stop that.
well actually i didnt word it well and i dont think anyone was able to answer that question:lachen:,,, i should re post the whole thread,, ive still been dwelling on this....

Back