Weird Hair Happenings

Neith

About 2 days ago I was on the subway. I had a seat, so I was just sitting there zoned out.

You know the feeling you get when someone is staring at you? Well, I felt that so I look up to see a woman STARING at the back of my head. I mean bent down, all up in it.

She didn't even stop looking when I looked at her like a normal person :lol:

She just stood there bent over, looking dead in my face, didn't even look away.

I just want to know what was so interesting about the back of my head.:lachen:

I guess it was a weave check? but why did she have to be so strange about it?

I can understand getting attention for pretty hair, but not someone bending down until they are inches from your head and just staring at it.

And dang, my hair isn't even near being long...

Have people started acting funny as your hair gets healthier/longer?

LMAO!

Now that's a good one to ignore. No telling what she would do if you said something to her.

I have a neighbor that used to constanly remind me that she does hair when I started my journey. So much so that I started a thread about it. Well last week she called me during my monthly Wally World run to ak me to roll her hair since my hair comes out nice. She also explained that she doesn't do her own hair, which made sense because her has been at the same length for the past year and a half.

That's hilarious. I literally laughed out loud!

It's funny after the fact. At the time I was like :huh: lol

LMAO!

Now that's a good one to ignore. No telling what she would do if you said something to her.

Yeah, I'm happy I didn't say anything. I just looked at her, then turned around and ignored her (and moved away from her a little bit)

Her hair looked pretty healthy and it was blunt shoulder length. Maybe she was a disgruntled lurker or something :lol:

I know how you feel Neith! A girl I didn't even know decided to tell my boyfriend and his friend that I had tracks in my hair. When my man told her that I didn't she argued with him and said she can tell the difference. I was hot, first of all my hair isn't long and if I was going to get some weave put in you best believe I'd get them BSL.

:lachen: I get that too, but it's more of a, what-did-you-do-to-get-your-hair-like-that-look, even when I'm just rocking a simple puff....It can be very uncomfortable, but now I've gotten into the habit of pointedly staring right back so they can see how it feels.

My hair isn't long but since I BC'ed, it's amazed me how many assumptions people make based on your hair.

I had to take the Via bus the last few months to get downtown for my summer classes.

This old black man at the bus stop made me swear up and down that I wasn't from an island. He said I had to be and didn't know it and that I smelled just like coconuts (I probably did, Suave). He kept asking me in a mock Jamaican accent :lol:

I try to be friendly with the Jehovah's witnesses passing out pamphlets and one black lady was like "Are you African? I probably have one in your language"

public transportation :lol:

:lachen: I get that too, but it's more of a, what-did-you-do-to-get-your-hair-like-that-look, even when I'm just rocking a simple puff....It can be very uncomfortable, but now I've gotten into the habit of pointedly staring right back so they can see how it feels.
definitely get that. too bad its people like my SO's mom, so i cant stare back disrespectfully. :lachen:

the other day this girl i have known since first year came up to me at the bus stop and just started preaching about how how beautiful my hair was, how the texture is so nice and something about how my hair isnt nappy (except she was afraid to say nappy) and i shouldnt "succumb to chemicals". yeah she has a relaxer, and i had one the first 3 years of college, so wtf?

I would be so annoyed, some people have no manners.

Recently a white woman I met at work kept looking at my head (at least she kept a decent distance and said what was on her mind) and asked me if I had on a weave. I told her no, I was puzzled and asked why she asked that- I am natural. She said you have good hair (WTF? so not pc)- My 'no defined curl bush' was slicked back with loads of mango butter and this made it unusually wavy. I then asked her what she knew about 'good hair' and she said that her kids are half black and their black grandmother was always saying her grandbabies have good hair. I then said to her that she should know better then, there is no good or bad hair and you certainly don't ask a black woman if she is wearing a weave- I said this while laughing. She then said girl I know but I could not help myself.

Last edited:
That's too creepy. Especially since i'm a horror movie fan and I just watched Mirrors yesterday. The way she looked in my mind as she bent over you while you weren't looking? Scary. Watch your back, girl!

About 2 days ago I was on the subway. I had a seat, so I was just sitting there zoned out.

You know the feeling you get when someone is staring at you? Well, I felt that so I look up to see a woman STARING at the back of my head. I mean bent down, all up in it.

She didn't even stop looking when I looked at her like a normal person :lol:

She just stood there bent over, looking dead in my face, didn't even look away.

I just want to know what was so interesting about the back of my head.:lachen:

I guess it was a weave check? but why did she have to be so strange about it?

I can understand getting attention for pretty hair, but not someone bending down until they are inches from your head and just staring at it.

And dang, my hair isn't even near being long...

Have people started acting funny as your hair gets healthier/longer?

Right then and there you should have coughed right in her face :yep:

I would be so annoyed, some people have no manners.

Recently a white woman I met at work kept looking at my head (at least she kept a decent distance and said what was on her mind) and asked me if I had on a weave. I told her no, I was puzzled and asked why she asked that- I am natural. She said you have good hair (WTF? so not pc)- My 'no defined curl bush' was slicked back with loads of mango butter and this made it unusually wavy. I then asked her what she knew about 'good hair' and she said that her kids are half black and their black grandmother was always saying her grandbabies have good hair. I then said to her that she should know better then, there is no good or bad hair and you certainly don't ask a black woman if she is wearing a weave- I said this while laughing. She then said girl I know but I could not help myself.

Is she stupid? What an idiot... how can you say that especially at work?

That's too creepy. Especially since i'm a horror movie fan and I just watched Mirrors yesterday. The way she looked in my mind as she bent over you while you weren't looking? Scary. Watch your back, girl!

:lol: How was Mirrors? I love horror movies too. :)

Right then and there you should have coughed right in her face :yep:

Funny you should mention that. The next day I woke up with a sore throat, and within a few hours I got the chills, a fever, nausea... the flu. I probably would have given it to her. That would have been a hard way to learn a lesson :lol:

Back