WEIRD BREAKAGE... I NEED HELP.., PLEASE

LadyZ

Usually my broken pieces are small one inch or so... Now I see hair that is about the length of my fingers, which is about about 3 inches(I have big hands)... What causes this size breakage and what can I do about it?...

I CW every 3 days... I use mainly moisture products (Garnier Fructis Moisture Conditioner, Garnier Sleek & Shine leave-in, a little B&B Moisturizer, seal with olive butter or another oil). I started using mild protein products every other week (Stay strong conditioner, Motions reconstructor) to see if that would curb it, but it did not... other than that, I can't figure out what is going on... Maybe it is the Garnier Fructis:nono:

Any input ladies?

I see the most on wash/CW days which I counted today and it was about 50 of theses hairs...:wallbash:

The following CAN cause the breakage you've described:
Brushing, combing through tangles with wanton disregard (:lachen:), and hair accessories that snag the hair.

Does any of this apply to you?

Brushing, combing through tangles with wanton disregard (:lachen:), and hair accessories that snag the hair.

I agree, also how are you drying your hair. I have to switch up the position of my rollers or I get similar breakage.

====

LOL:lachen:, Thanks for responding....

Well, I only use scrunchies that are soaked in oil... I don't put them in tight, I only loop it twice to keep them on... I did use a clipping type ponytail holder yesterday and one day last week... other than that I bun... I wear the bun in different places, so not to wear/weaken the hair... At bedtime I usually just cross wrap, put on a scarf or bonnet... I do use the metal clips to secure my cross wrap if I wear the bonnet to bed (I will stop using those)...

I only comb once/twice a week... and that is on wash day... I air dry so I can't comb it... I need to be a little more gentler when I detangle in the shower though...

That's about it

I agree, also how are you drying your hair. I have to switch up the position of my rollers or I get similar breakage.

I usually air dry, with a cross wrap, or Pocahontas(SP) ponytails....with a silk scarf... Maybe I should go back to roller setting... :yep: It is so time consuming though:nono:

Given that you said you use mostly moisture products, maybe you need to do a more hardcore protein treatment to balance things out. I like Nexxus Emergencee, but any other moderate to heavy protein will probably straighten things out.

I use mild proteins every week, but if my situation was dire, I would turn to Emergencee!

I usually air dry, with a cross wrap, or Pocahontas(SP) ponytails....with a silk scarf... Maybe I should go back to roller setting... :yep: It is so time consuming though:nono:

The air drying also might be doing it since air drying leaves your cuticle raised. If you still don't want to rollerset try sitting under a dryer for just the last 10 minutes or so to help flatten your cuticles. As far as rollersetting goes, the more you practice the faster it will go. I can' do mine now without a mirror in 15 minutes or less.

The air drying also might be doing it since air drying leaves your cuticle raised. If you still don't want to rollerset try sitting under a dryer for just the last 10 minutes or so to help flatten your cuticles. As far as rollersetting goes, the more you practice the faster it will go. I can' do mine now without a mirror in 15 minutes or less.

That's crazy! You have some skills!

Also, when is the last time you clarified.

I clarified last weekend... I will try going under the dryer for about 20 minutes or so and see if that curbs it and I will probably use some Bone Marrow or whatever type of protein(mild/moderate) I have and see what happens... I am 5 weeks post, so this is around the time when my hair goes postal on me:lachen:... Thanks for giving me some input on what is happening... I will be paying attention to what I do and use some protein products to... and start roller setting if I have tooo:wallbash:

That's crazy! You have some skills!

It really isn't bad. The way I do mine quickly is in the shower after I rinse out my conditioner, I use my shower comb and part my hair into three sections. I make the mohawk so that I have one section on each side. I clip each sections with a couple of rollerclips to keep them in place. I then part directly down the middle on each side.

I roll the sides first. Since I have sectioned each side into two sections, I do the back first. I part it in three strips and roll each on. I move forward through each section and roll. It usually takes 9 rollers on each side. Then I move to the mohawk last. Since the sides are done I just part the mohawk into 5 strips and roll each one.

I do all my sectioning in the shower so that my hair stays sopping wet. I apply leave in to each section before I roll it. Once you get your sectioning down pat, it doesn't take long to roll. I perfected this method in about a month. I just keep trying to shave off a minute each time I rolled.

had to laugh at this part:lachen::lachen:

It really isn't bad. The way I do mine quickly is in the shower after I rinse out my conditioner, I use my shower comb and part my hair into three sections. I make the Mohawk so that I have one section on each side. I clip each sections with a couple of roller clips to keep them in place. I then part directly down the middle on each side.

I roll the sides first. Since I have sectioned each side into two sections, I do the back first. I part it in three strips and roll each on. I move forward through each section and roll. It usually takes 9 rollers on each side. Then I move to the Mohawk last. Since the sides are done I just part the Mohawk into 5 strips and roll each one.

I do all my sectioning in the shower so that my hair stays sopping wet. I apply leave in to each section before I roll it. Once you get your sectioning down pat, it doesn't take long to roll. I perfected this method in about a month. I just keep trying to shave off a minute each time I rolled.
=====================

Wow I must print this out... It sounds so simple...

Thank You...

Well, I m off to bed... I work the midnight shift and I needs my sleep...

I just want to thank all of you ladies... As usual you come through when a sister is in need... I love my LHCF family.... Whenever someone cries out, you ladies are there... Thank You so very much...:grouphug::bighug: :circle: :grouphug3: :grouphug2: :thankyou:

I will see you when I get up tonight... Thanks Again...

Last edited:
=====================

Wow I must print this out... It sounds so simple...

Thank You...

Well, I m off to bed... I work the midnight shift and I needs my sleep...

I just want to thank all of you ladies... As usual you come through when a sister is in need... I love my LHCF family.... Whenever someone cries out, you ladies are there... Thank You so very much...:grouphug::bighug: :circle: :grouphug3: :grouphug2: :thankyou:

I will see you when I get up tonight... Thanks Again...

Get some rest and I will "see" you lata

Back