WEEKLY WASHERS!

blueabyss333

I need your testimonials! I want to change my regimen to washing once a week and then flat ironing. How has your growth process been? So far I know that I have almost NO SHEDDING from my weekend CW and flat ironing and stronger hair. I know women like Kitchtician (wash 2 weeks) have held great success with the method.

Is there anyone that can compare succes from weekly washing and CW washing 2-3 times a week? I'm concerned that after awhile flat ironing my do more damage than good but I do plan to continue daily bunning.

Interesting question and I can't wait to read the responses.

Personally, I don't see a difference in growth regardless of how much or how little I wash my hair. I'd like to reduce the frequency to every 2 weeks, but can't because my hair goes too flat and greasy after a week.

I wash weekly and I don't see a difference in the growth. I know I can't go longer then a week without washing....

BTW...what is co washing?

I haven't seen much growth either....then again I haven't really been looking for that...I was a 2-3x a week washer and have seen the difference in shedding.

CO is conditioner only washing. Washing your hair with the conditioner.

onepraying said:
I haven't seen much growth either....then again I haven't really been looking for that...I was a 2-3x a week washer and have seen the difference in shedding.

CO is conditioner only washing. Washing your hair with the conditioner.

I'm not sure, are you saying that after you started washing once a week shedding stopped?

I wash 2x a week. One shampoo wash, and one co-wash. It seems to be doing my hair some good so far.

I can't wait more than a week without washing my hair though. :nono: I get antsy. My hair doesn't even FEEL right if it has gone longer than a week without a poo/co wash. The ONLY time I make an exception is when I have just had a relaxer touchup, and I want to get the most out of my newly "straightened" and silky-looking hair. But even then I get antsy after about a week and a half, and I have to wash my hair again.

And to think, when I was younger I used to go MONTHS (yes....months) without washing my hair! :eek: :eek: I have come a LONG way.

I wash my hair once a week because any more frequent just seems to dry my hair out too much. I co-wash on Sundays (deep condition and so forth), and wrap. Then on Monday or Tuesday, I flat iron it so that my hair is straight through the week. I also moisturise my ends and roots between washes. I use a shampoo about every two to three weeks. My hair is thriving right now, and so there's no regime change in the works.

I tried washing every couple of days, but this didn't work for me because I am gone from home 10 hours each day, and by the time I have dinner cooked and eaten, I am ready to relax before hitting the sack, and I really don't have the extra hour to get my hair washed, and so forth.

I feel like my hair is changing. Washing 2-3x times a week used to work well and stopped shedding. But after 3 days, I can run my hands through my hair and very little will come with it whereas before I would catch more than enough in my hand.

I shampoo and DC 2x's a wk. I have noticed a big difference in moisture, shine, and fullness. I like to do roller-wraps, this eliminate the flatiron, and once I get some major NG I airdry in a ponytail, or 2 platts. C0wing was not for me I just shed too much when I tried.

I wash every 7-8 days. I would go longer if I could but scalp gets scaly.
I hate any type of manipulation to my hair. I'm one who strongly believes in just leaving the hair alone and it works so well for me

I used to be worried about too much manipulation, but now I've learned that washing and deep conditioning 2x/wk helps control my breakage and shedding. I wash with garlic shampoo, deep condition, and rollerset. And sometimes I might flat iron the roots. It's a long process 2x a week, but I tried everything before and nothing else stopped my excessive breakage and shedding. I even tried to see if I could go back to weekly, but I noticed around day 5 I start to get some breakage.

I use the C&G technique to wash, which also helps minimize the breakage.

locfreeme said:
I used to be worried about too much manipulation, but now I've learned that washing and deep conditioning 2x/wk helps control my breakage and shedding. I wash with garlic shampoo, deep condition, and rollerset. And sometimes I might flat iron the roots. It's a long process 2x a week, but I tried everything before and nothing else stopped my excessive breakage and shedding. I even tried to see if I could go back to weekly, but I noticed around day 5 I start to get some breakage.

I use the C&G technique to wash, which also helps minimize the breakage.

Thank you. This helps very much. Perhaps I will only CW once on Wed./Thurs. and wash on Sunday. Like Sylver said, I think my hair needs less manipulation.

blueabyss333 said:
I'm not sure, are you saying that after you started washing once a week shedding stopped?
Yes ma'am, that's what I'm saying. It was too much manipulation for this transtioning hair of mine.

You may want to get in contact with sylver2. She washes and blowdries once a week and has hair down her back.

toosexy1 said:
i CO wash everyday and i shampoo like once a month to get rid of buildup from silicones and hair products. im a natural btw

Co-signing.

I just started this same daily regimen and my hair is responding to it very well. I used to wash 2-3 times a week, but the growth and thickness from daily washing is amazing. It is soft and pliable, with hardly, if any, shedding. I think I may try the 'shampoo once a month' idea. Shampoo really dries my hair out, so that's a great idea.

Last edited:
I usually wash with shampoo and do conditioner washes every day when my hair is out. I notice my hair has really grown a lot once I started washing frequently. I have natural hair so maybe it performs better when frequently washed. Another young lady and I started our natural hair journey around the same time. It seems my hair has grown longer than hers. She washes every two weeks.

Country gal said:
I usually wash with shampoo and do conditioner washes every day when my hair is out. I notice my hair has really grown a lot once I started washing frequently. I have natural hair so maybe it performs better when frequently washed. Another young lady and I started our natural hair journey around the same time. It seems my hair has grown longer than hers. She washes every two weeks.

yeh with chemically relaxed hair.. don't want to manipulate to much. Natural hair is stronger and healthier.

Crystalicequeen123 said:
I wash 2x a week. One shampoo wash, and one co-wash. It seems to be doing my hair some good so far.

I can't wait more than a week without washing my hair though. :nono: I get antsy. My hair doesn't even FEEL right if it has gone longer than a week without a poo/co wash. The ONLY time I make an exception is when I have just had a relaxer touchup, and I want to get the most out of my newly "straightened" and silky-looking hair. But even then I get antsy after about a week and a half, and I have to wash my hair again.

ITA. Me too. My hair likes to be washed weekly...anything more than 8 or 9 days, and I'm goin crazy. :spinning: I think the weekly deep conditions have really improved the overall condition of my hair, and mid-week DCs are icing on the cake. :)

Once I get past 12 weeks post, I start doing a mid-week CO wash in addition to the weekly poo/DC. Adding the mid-week CO wash keeps my new growth manageable and keeps my hair from matting and knotting.

Divine Inspiration said:
ITA. Me too. My hair likes to be washed weekly...anything more than 8 or 9 days, and I'm goin crazy. :spinning: I think the weekly deep conditions have really improved the overall condition of my hair, and mid-week DCs are icing on the cake. :)

Once I get past 12 weeks post, I start doing a mid-week CO wash in addition to the weekly poo/DC. Adding the mid-week CO wash keeps my new growth manageable and keeps my hair from matting and knotting.

Thanks DI!

Country gal said:

Are you trying to confuse me?:lachen:

Hi Poohbear, haven't seen you in awhile. Your hair looks great. I think I should be stalking Sylver :lol:

I'm newly relaxed and I want to be a weekly washer but I noticed if i wait after 4 days to wash my hair my scalp itches really bad and I get breakage so I have to wash twice a week for now.

Arcadian said:
I don't want o hijack the thread but I would love to know the true definition of a co-wash.

-A

Use a cheapy conditioner like VO5, White Rain, Suave, Garnier Fructis to "wash" your hair like a shampoo. Rinse. Then use a deep conditioner.

blueabyss333 said:
I need your testimonials! I want to change my regimen to washing once a week and then flat ironing. How has your growth process been? So far I know that I have almost NO SHEDDING from my weekend CW and flat ironing and stronger hair. I know women like Kitchtician (wash 2 weeks) have held great success with the method.

Is there anyone that can compare succes from weekly washing and CW washing 2-3 times a week? I'm concerned that after awhile flat ironing my do more damage than good but I do plan to continue daily bunning.
I have never tried CW, however, I have no problems with washing my hair once a week....life gets so busy for me. Only when school's out and summer time is here can I get away with washing my hair twice a week.

CinnaMocha said:
I have never tried CW, however, I have no problems with washing my hair once a week....life gets so busy for me. Only when school's out and summer time is here can I get away with washing my hair twice a week.

Thank you! I find washing once a week to be fine. I might wash and DC in the middle of the week, but right now once a week is fine until the new growth starts attacking my head.:cool:

Salaam,

I wash every saturday, I never co-wash and my hair looks GOOD. I'm not sure of how much newgrowth I have because I want to wait until the first of April to measure before I get my relaxer.

Back