Weekly Texturized hair routine?

CLASSYEBONYGIRL

So ladies I finally wore my hair out for the first time since my BC on Thursday.:D I was so excited but at the same time very conscious about not wearing my wig. It has been almost 2 years since I have not worn my real hair out in public :eek:and it was a nervous experience but I felt free and proud of myself.Free at last!!:lol: I got a few stares from people,direct and indirect compliments "very pretty hair" (whispers).:grin:However, getting ready in the mornings for work has been very time consuming since I am not wearing my wig for convenience so I am looking for convenient ways to style and maintain my hair without having to wet or cowash my hair in the mornings. My hair is still a bit short for a bun even with the aid of a bun donut foundation.:ohwell:

Here are my questions:

1)Are you ladies cowashing everyday? If not,how often are you cowashing?
2)At what point during the week do you apply your growth aids if you are cowashing everyday or often? ie.(La india,MTG, etc.)
3)When do you shampoo your hair?
4) What is your nightly hair routine before bed?

Thanks!!:)

:shocked: Gurl!! You are making such AWESOME progress!! Wow!! I'm so happy for you!

I don't have any suggestions, we know I didn't survive the texturized scene for very long :lol: BUT you're doing great! Keep up the good work!

VWVixxen said:
:shocked: Gurl!! You are making such AWESOME progress!! Wow!! I'm so happy for you!

I don't have any suggestions, we know I didn't survive the texturized scene for very long :lol: BUT you're doing great! Keep up the good work!

:lol:Thank you Lani!!:kiss:It's hard work but I have been very dedicated in order to reach my hair goals. You don't know how excited I was when I was able to slick my hair back in a pony tail without much tension:grin:. Whew!!

Yes, I would like this info as well. Your hair looks exactly like mine when I do not straighten. I have TREMENDOUS difficulty when I do wash-n-go's: knots, breakage, major shedding, you name it. Rollersetting has become a nightmare, and I lose so much hair. I want to be able to wash as I please, but I can't seem to detangle to well.

DOES ANYBODY WITH A TEXTURIZER or TEXLAXED HAIR HAVE ADVICE???

OneInAMillion said:
Yes, I would like this info as well. Your hair looks exactly like mine when I do not straighten. I have TREMENDOUS difficulty when I do wash-n-go's: knots, breakage, major shedding, you name it. Rollersetting has become a nightmare, and I lose so much hair. I want to be able to wash as I please, but I can't seem to detangle to well.

DOES ANYBODY WITH A TEXTURIZER or TEXLAXED HAIR HAVE ADVICE???

Thanks for bumping up my thread. I am glad I am not alone.:lol: I am sorry that you are having a bad experience with wash and go's. So far I don't have a problem doing it because I try not to manipulate my hair too much after I wash and condition. I just add my styling products and let it airdry, if I comb I just use my fingers a little or a large teeth comb.The only time I might chance combing my hair when wet is after I have done a hardcore protein treatment (Aphogee).I realize that since I incorporated Nutrine garlic shampoo in my regime my hair has become pretty strong and I experience little shedding. I also eliminatethe entire detangling process out of my washing routine because I hate to see any hair coming out and my hair is pretty weak when its wet.

I have never worn my hair straight since I texturized it because I am scared of heat damage especially with the color in my hair and I am also not a fan of the straight look. Most of my hair is also still natural so a think a rollerset would not come out right on me. If that would work for me, then my problem would be solved. I would just rollerset at nights and remove and style in the mornings. So since I cant do the rollerset I want to know how do I maintain my texturized hair (curly look) without manipulating and wetting my hair everyday. I am thinking maybe I could try braidouts and twist outs some days and wash and gos for the remaing days. When it's closer to touch up time I would do twist and leave it alone for the entire week.

What do you guys think?

Thanks!!

Back