Weekly Henna Treatment?!?!?

BeautifulFlower

Ok...

I did a henna treatment last night.I am shocked how nice my hair came out. It was so soft and silky and my non-indigo'd parts were very auburn and I didnt release the dye or let it sit in my hair very long. I know it has to be the henna I used because I've used other henna's and this one always gives the best results. It rinses out clean and has a great combo of herbs to promote the silkiness. I know doing this regularly will reduce shedding and strengthen strands. I do it every 3 months but I want to do it weekly now.

Does anyone henna weekly or bi-weekly? What did you notice?

BTW, My process:

• Mix Karishma Henna with water and V05 Moisture Milks conditioner to yogurt consistency (apply immediately, release time)
  • Apply in four sections
  • Put on plastic cap for about 1 or 2 hours (watched TV and eat)
  • Rinse with water and V05 Moisture Milks
2hqqzba.jpg

I think Curly Nikki does (~CurlyNikki~):
www.curlynikki.com-- click her Henna link.
I just bought that same Karishma brand online and waiting for it to come. I had been using it from www.mehandi.com (from Yemen) with great results for the past year because of CurlyNikki. Anxious to try the Karishma, especially now that I'm growing it back out. I definitely plan to greatly increase my treatments from once every 6 weeks to possibly once a week or two.

I love this brand. Better than any other in my opinion and all you need is water, conditioner to spread it, and no releasing overnight or with acid so it doesnt dry your hair it. I get mine from the Indian grocery for $3.99.

I think Curly Nikki does (~CurlyNikki~):
www.curlynikki.com-- click her Henna link.
I just bought that same Karishma brand online and waiting for it to come. I had been using it from www.mehandi.com (from Yemen) with great results for the past year because of CurlyNikki. Anxious to try the Karishma, especially now that I'm growing it back out. I definitely plan to greatly increase my treatments from once every 6 weeks to possibly once a week or two.

i heard about this henna thing. but i'm scared it may make my hair hard and tangly. plus i only want it for black hair. i've only heard of it turning hair lighter or red. is this true?

I am sooo used to mixing mine in the afternoon with lemon juice and letting it sit ALL NIGHT, then putting it in the fridge the next morning till I get home from work that afternoon.. then putting it on and leaving it in for like 5-6 hours.

So for REAL you don't have to wait?? You don't wait at all?

I use this same brand and no you don't have to wait. I just mix with raspberry zinger tea or coffee and let it sit on my hair for how ever long. It is really good and it only costs 1.99 at the Indian Grocer near my house.

This is the one I have been using for the past few months and have been considering using it weekly since I am going to Dominican salon to get a weekly wash and set. The directions say you should use it at least once per week. I am going to start doing it weekly.

i heard about this henna thing. but i'm scared it may make my hair hard and tangly. plus i only want it for black hair. i've only heard of it turning hair lighter or red. is this true?
After you do the henna treatment condtioning your hair detangles it.

Do a searh for henna on here. Ton of info.

Ok...

I did a henna treatment last night.I am shocked how nice my hair came out. It was so soft and silky and my non-indigo'd parts were very auburn and I didnt release the dye or let it sit in my hair very long. I know it has to be the henna I used because I've used other henna's and this one always gives the best results. It rinses out clean and has a great combo of herbs to promote the silkiness. I know doing this regularly will reduce shedding and strengthen strands. I do it every 3 months but I want to do it weekly now.

Does anyone henna weekly or bi-weekly? What did you notice?

BTW, My process:

• Mix Karishma Henna with water and V05 Moisture Milks conditioner to yogurt consistency (apply immediately, release time)
  • Apply in four sections
  • Put on plastic cap for about 1 or 2 hours (watched TV and eat)
  • Rinse with water and V05 Moisture Milks
2hqqzba.jpg

Where do you find this henna prettyfaceANB? I was looking for it online and can't find it in the US, only in the UK. Shipping form the UK was 36 pounds. That is wayy too much money for 10 boxes which cost wayyyy less than the shipping cost. I found it on www.thebeautyspot.com in the UK. This is a :nono: for me.

I henna about once per week, followed by a DC. I use the same stuff from http://www.mehandi.com but the one I use is the finer sifted henna "for black hair" (if you read though she explains that she has designated it as such only b/c of the the finer sift and that it is actually ideal for all hair types but the best she has that rinses easiest out of black hair.) I just mix with steeped green tea, honey and some conditioner I have laying around and apply. I'll either walk around the house for a few hours with it or sleep with it on and then rinse it out with conditioner a few times, DC and style as normal. My hair was a medium brown with some lighter patches that had been bleached a little by the sun last summer but the henna darkened my hair and now I have a deep red tone on what used to be the lighter parts. Every time I henna my hair gets just a bit darker though which is what I was hoping for.

I am sooo used to mixing mine in the afternoon with lemon juice and letting it sit ALL NIGHT, then putting it in the fridge the next morning till I get home from work that afternoon.. then putting it on and leaving it in for like 5-6 hours.

So for REAL you don't have to wait?? You don't wait at all?
This is what I did.

I mix'd it, let it sit with a plastic cap over the bowl. I went made a call, came back after about an hour. I added conditioner to thin it out some more. Applied in four sections. Sat and watched TV for about 1 or 2 hours. Rinse with conditioner. It rinsed clean and my roots are very auburn in the light.

I love this henna.

I dont know where to get it online. I buy mine in the Indian Grocery store. It cost 2.99. :grin:

Where do you find this henna prettyfaceANB? I was looking for it online and can't find it in the US, only in the UK. Shipping form the UK was 36 pounds. That is wayy too much money for 10 boxes which cost wayyyy less than the shipping cost. I found it on www.thebeautyspot.com in the UK. This is a :nono: for me.

I find that the more stuff you add to your henna mix the drier my hair feels. I use water and conditioner. Of course you have to detangle after. I rinse out with conditioner as well. I use cheap ol' V05 Moisture Milks conditioner and my feel lovely after.

Thats why I am considering doing it weekly because it is doesnt dry or harden my hair, then i've like to reap the benefit of looser texture and stronger strands.

Have you ladies experienced thicker hair as a result of the henna treatments? I want to try this so badly, but I do not want the thicker hair part.

It will thicken but its nothing that you take handle. It wears off over time. I have thick hair too so I understand.

Have you ladies experienced thicker hair as a result of the henna treatments? I want to try this so badly, but I do not want the thicker hair part.

I purchased a different henna last week because the Karishma said it was mixed with other stuff and I've read so many warnings about purchasing pre-mixed henna. I bought 100% Pure Rajistan (I think I spelled that wrong) henna (because it said 100%) and it was so hard to mix and had chunks in it and left my hair feeling hard and disgusting in certain areas.

So, I was skeptical, but because of all of the rave reviews, I thought I'd give Karishma henna a try. I have to sing the praises of Karishma henna. I mixed it with some old school cholesterol, and dash of olive oil and some green tea. It mixed like a breeze, washed out with no problem, and left my hair sooooo shiny and silky. It only costs 2.50 at my local grocery store. I am hooked and will be doing this every week as long as I am in town.

Happy Henna-ing!

I know someone on ebay that sells jamilia henna, the 2009 crop, for 50 bucks. Its 12 boxes. I quickly stocked up when I found him :)

I loved that henna but I only do it once a month, i did once a week for a while and my hair felt like it was in protein overload. I also eventually want to get blond highlights in my hair and I don't know how I feel about the henna changing my hair color. Or how the highlights will react with the henna'ed hair. Does anyone have experience with this?

Is it true when you henna you can't color your hair? Like if I wanted highlights?

That's what my hairdresser told me which is why I haven't truly considered it. Will it help for frizzy hair as well?? My curl is evident but my hair is frizzy so it masks it..does that make sense??

Thanks!

And for the natural ladies that do it weekly, do you experience the straightening / curls loosen that some people talk about? i dont have too much curls, so i cant lloose them xD but i wanna try the henna.

And in not able to find the indigo here (at least i dont know the proper translation) what else can i use to have a darker hair?

And for the natural ladies that do it weekly, do you experience the straightening / curls loosen that some people talk about? i dont have too much curls, so i cant lloose them xD but i wanna try the henna.

And in not able to find the indigo here (at least i dont know the proper translation) what else can i use to have a darker hair?

Yes, just like when you use coconut milk, it does a minor loosening of the curl pattern. Nothing major though...

Back