Wedding without bridesmaids or MOH?

MrsMe

Has anybody done that?
Our wedding plans have to be changed because of some financial setbacks and I don't want to plan the same thing at all. :sad: :nono: It just hurts to think about it now, so I want to go with my ideal wedding idea, i.e. a destination wedding. I still have to convince FH, but that is one thing I want to have my way so he will just have to go along. :look:
I'm thinking of a destination wedding and I know that most of my bridesmaids won't make it so I feel like keeping it even more intimate.

Sent from my PG86100 using LHCF

I'm all for no Bridesmaids of MOH. If it wasn't for my SO I wouldn't have any. I think it's actually on both parties. 1. Less details to stress over (i.e. bridesmaid dress & gifts) 2. bridesmaids get to save money

tmhuggiebear said:
I'm all for no Bridesmaids of MOH. If it wasn't for my SO I wouldn't have any. I think it's actually on both parties. 1. Less details to stress over (i.e. bridesmaid dress & gifts) 2. bridesmaids get to save money

Yes, less headache for sure! I'm working on FH...

Sent from my PG86100 using LHCF

I have been toying with the idea of having no bridal party. It would be fun to have all of the memories with everyone but when I think of all of the stress of trying to get the details worked out amongst all of those people, I just get a headache.

My girlfriend is having a destination wedding later this year. She asked me to be her bridesmaid and I felt bad telling her I couldn't. I'm already paying $1200.00 to just attend the wedding. She seemed frustrated, and I later found out that another friend had turned her down as well. I don't think there is huge need for a bridal party at a destination wedding anyway.

I thought you needed a witness which is what the MOH or best man is. Even court house weddings require a witness. Not sure about weddings held outside of the US

I thought you needed a witness which is what the MOH or best man is. Even court house weddings require a witness. Not sure about weddings held outside of the US

the witness doesn't have to be a bridesmaid, it can be anyone in attendance who witnesses the marriage, just have them sign the documents.

I think its okay.
However we opted for a more intimate wedding too. I had one Maid of Honor (my baby sis...only sis), and 1 matron of honor (my best friend). Hubby had one groomsman (his baby brother), and one groomsman (his friend and boss...My Maid of Honor's hubby).

The thing is...had we opted for a destination wedding...we know that at the very least these 4 people would be able to attend. We had all the benefits of a bridal party, but without the stress that large bridal parties incur. Also, they were great to have on the day of. May be you can each bring one close friend or relative, and let that be the extent of your bridal party. But NONE is fine too:)

Your day. Your way.

Same here... I'll more than likely have a destination wedding and I don't really want bridesmaids or MOH... I think it would fit my personality and budget pretty well to have it this way. I'm not a socialite that has a bunch of friends and want to deal w/ all the brouhaha of a wedding. I'm all for having guests there and that's it have a few cousins/friend(s) as bridesmaids - but honestly I don't really want a wedding party. I'd rather they all just show up to my wedding :yep:.

My cousin did this at her wedding (destination). She said she wanted to keep her friends. So she stood by herself.

LMAO @ this. A college friend of mine got married and had like 13 bridesmaids and 11 groomsmen... it looked tacky and ridiculous to me :perplexed. They were all up at the alter all crowded... just looked tacky and excessive.

I eloped and didn't have bridesmaids, and I don't regret it one bit!

It was soooo intimate, serene and stress free!!!

I had plenty and if I could go back in time it would have been smaller and I'd only have my sister as MOH. Wedding planning is stressful and anything to alleviate that stress is a good idea.

LMAO @ this. A college friend of mine got married and had like 13 bridesmaids and 11 groomsmen... it looked tacky and ridiculous to me :perplexed. They were all up at the alter all crowded... just looked tacky and excessive.

Yeah....Such a large bridal party at a wedding makes me think they are all gonna break out and sing as if they are in a choir....IMO..

My co-worker has 15 each....Not including all the "Jr Bridesmaids and Groomsmen" Then add another 4-5.....:nono:

I had a matron of honor, a long time friend and my husband's best man was his father. Nobody needs a line up of every friend they ever made standing up at the altar with them.

I did it and it was great. All the siblings on both side understood, it was the second for both of us. Did not want anyone spending all of that money since they were all coming from out of town anyway.

I didn't have any bridesmaids or a MOH and my husband didn't have any groomsmen or a best man. We had a small intimate garden wedding with only our parents, grandparents, siblings, aunts, uncles and our BFFs. The total of everyone involved (bride, groom and guests) was less than 20 ppl who all showered us with love and well wishes. I loved it and if I had to do it all over again I would not change a thing.

I didn't have any bridesmaids or a MOH and my husband didn't have any groomsmen or a best man. We had a small intimate garden wedding with only our parents, grandparents, siblings, aunts, uncles and our BFFs. The total of everyone involved (bride, groom and guests) was less than 20 ppl who all showered us with love and well wishes. I loved it and if I had to do it all over again I would not change a thing.

Exactly what I want.... someday.

Nayeli said:
Not only will I not have a bridal party, but I may say no to guests period :look:

:lol: That's been very tempting to me lately b

Sent from my iPad using LHCF...if only it would stop correcting what I write.

I like how the royals do it: 1-2 attendants/bridemaids and a few children. I always think it's ridiculous when people have 50-11 people at the front of the church.

I had a maid of honor, I told her the color and to pick out her own dress our wedding was nice and simple at a beautiful location :)

My friend is getting married next month on a cruise ship family only and no bridesmaids. When the ceremony is over their family will exit and they will sail off for their honeymoon. She says they might have a reception when they get back.

She says they are saving a ton. I'm glad for her.

I'm glad this is an option because I get nightmares thinking about this.
I have more than 3 close girlfriends that all THINK they will be MOH and it really bothers me and 2 of them are married. I have about 3 others who I think would understand why the other two were MOH over them.

Already trying to think about HOW I'ma say no. UGH!

Back