Wedding Night and Aunt Flo - Birth Control to the Rescue

LoveisYou

Spinoff to sex on your wedding night thread

did anyone use birth control pills to prevent aunt flo from making an appearance on your wedding day?

I assume that a lot of ladies do this for the wedding/honeymoon, did you?

i'm not married yet but i will be in july and aunt flo is due to arrive on the day of our honeymoon:nono: i stopped taking bc last year but i think im gonna have to just jump back on it for 1 month so it doesnt disturb the peace:yep: plus its usually painful & i dont wanna deal with that.

Would getting on the pill so close to the "ceremonious day" be effective? I thought "the pill" made periods irregular as in showing up , well irregularly. It could backfire couldn't it?

I can't do the pill b/c I'm a hyperchrondriac and over 35, so not a good match:nono:. I'm fortunate enough to be regular to the day and sometimes hour, so eventhough I stay prepared (more neurosis), I planned my wedding/honeymoon two weeks after my period. It worked pretty well:yep:.

I'm getting married on June 26th and have skipped a period so that I won't have it that week. The doctor said it was fine.

I made sure I booked my wedding and honeymoon when I wasn't due.

Sorry that doesn't really help

I haven't done it for a wedding but when I was on BC, I did continue taking it when I didn't want my cycle to show up for an event that I had scheduled.

I was doing the 4 cycles a year, years ago. My doctor brought it up to me, because I had severe PMS. The actual flow itself was not the problem.

I went to get BC today, and my OB/GYN mentioned it. He told me to just go ahead and take the regular pills all the way through (not the placebo) so that I can skip it during my honeymoon. So, we'll see how it works out.

That's what I plan on doing. I did this during school when FH and I were in different cities. We couldn't always schedule our visits on off weeks so I'd continue taking the pills to skip my period for that month

Back