Wedding in one month -- I need your help.

JudithO

The reception has 8 ft rectangular tables. Centerpieces are white and yellow, 2 per table.

I need help on the

Head Table: Here is an idea that I have... But I need more suggestions..

Head Table - Can someone point me to the material used for the drapes in front? I dont know what it's called.

Cake table: Again.. Can't figure it out... Here is the cake.. Wedding cake but since we dont have a round table.. I need a way to fill an 8ft rectangular table .. Here is what I'm thinking Cake Table .. I dont even know where to get those vases...

My HAIR: OMG.. this is killing me... 4Z natural hair.. (please see my fotki for texture)... I have no clue what to do with it...

Guys help me.. I'm a month away.. no caterer, no DJ... Imma just go somewhere n die.. Finding a Nigerian party caterer or dj in pittsburgh is proving impossible..

hey judy4all
Good Luck and congratulations!

I've helped a couple of people plan their wedding makeup,
if you need any help or advice, please pm me! :)

metro_qt thanks girl... I found this girl to do my makeup.. I hope she does a really good job. Going to do a trial before the wedding day... Any specific tips that I have to bear in mind?

Look for West Indian/Dancehall/Reggae djs. They often know Nigerian music and can play it if you give them specific songs you like. The same for caterers.
Also, consider posting this in off topic or the general relationship forum so you get more views and answers.
ALSO CONGRATULATIONS!

Holler at @Kneechay I believe she is a wedding planner.

whoa whoa whoa...thanks so much Conterria for mentioning me, but I'm not a wedding planner, so I don't want to confuse anyone, that's not my occupation at all. I do have a good friend who is, and OP, I'd love to get you in contact with her if you'd like for a little help. She works well under pressure and is creative. PM me if you want her info.

As far as me, I'm great at graphic design, like Save the Dates, Invites, Menus, websites, everything and recently I've teamed up with her because I want to learn about wedding planning. Maybe in a few months, I can give you the ins and outs, but I'm new right now.

Congrats, OP

Kneechay... Thanks much... I think I need someone local though.. Is your friend in Pittsburgh PA?

Curly Lee Girl.... I don't even know if I can find any west indian DJ's in this area.. I need to move...

Thanks guys.. Maybe i'll post in other places...

OP I think you can find vases like that at any craft store. I have seen thouse at walmart as well. (stores like Michaels, hobby lobby and Joanne's ALWAYS have coupons)
Draping material could be anything from satin/silk to tulle...(even ribbon!)
headtable_diy.jpg

Pretty sure this is tulle...

jpbkec.jpg

Tulle with a pattern and lights...

head_table_draping_champagne.jpg

Fabric

oustanding-head-table-large.jpg

sheer fabric two colors...

Back