Weaves

CaptainSyrup

I'm not sure how many weeks post-relaxer I am, but I have about 1/2" of new growth. I wanted to get cornrows, and have a weave sewn in to try to protect my hair, as well as let it get stronger before I get a touch-up. (Still having problems with shedding, though not so much with breakage anymore.)

Is this recommended? I wasn't sure if I should relax first, so the hair doesn't break at the demarcation line. I am also not certain how to care for relaxed hair under a weave, since I've only gotten them with natural hair, and all I did to it was wash it.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you. =)

I think your best bet is to put the weave in your hair before relaxing. I don't think a weave on freshly relaxed hair is a good idea, I believe it is too fragile.

Weaves on freshly relaxed hair not a good idea. Ive done it and will prob do it again, my hair grew but was thin. Long and thin, I loved the length but I could'nt wear it out. So what was the point, big chop and back to weaves again this time I'm using hella vitamins to grow strong thicker hair, just in case insanity hits again and I convince my self that a relaxer and weave is not so bad.:)

Back