weaves and double processed hair....

NYRICAN1

Hi guys I always get great advice from you so I thought about lhcf first in making a decision on getting my hair weaved. I am relaxed and have color also in my hair as well as I have 4a/b fine hair. Do you think it would be safe if I got my hair in a weaved style I am so out of ideas on daily styles. I bun or french roll daily and I am also looking into phony ponies so I would have easy access to my hair and be able to dc as needed. I am afraid that by weaving it my hair would break after all the progress I have made. I am currently also bagging my ends with s curl and castor oil to seal and that has definitely helped my dry ends. Help please:confused: I am trying to hide my hair to Christmas.

I definitely believe that with a weave you can hide your hair until Xmas
but then you would have to consider at what cost--- your ends may become jacked up or you may end up matting your hair...

I am afraid of getting a weave (b/c of possible setbacks) but I am considering it..
Maybe you should alternate b/w bunning and weaving (I think beyond cute gave me this idea) to reduce some of the stress of a constant weave. HTH

determined_to_grow said:
I definitely believe that with a weave you can hide your hair until Xmas
but then you would have to consider at what cost--- your ends may become jacked up or you may end up matting your hair...

I am afraid of getting a weave (b/c of possible setbacks) but I am considering it..
Maybe you should alternate b/w bunning and weaving (I think beyond cute gave me this idea) to reduce some of the stress of a constant weave. HTH

that is what I am afraid of . I achieved a lot of length last year with a weave but I didnt have color but I also lost alot because I left the weave in for 3 months and a lot my of hair was matted.

Personally I think you should wait a little longer- 4-6 weeks post. The new growth is stronger than the relaxed hair and could handle that kind of stress.
I really want to get a weave I was in the salon today and this lady got some tracks glued in :eek: and it looked absolutely fabulous!!!

NYRICAN1 said:
If I do get a weave how long after a relaxer should I wait to put it in? two weeks??

Back