Weaveheads: Do you ever deep condition your hair w/ the weave still in?

itismehmmkay

So...I didn't mention my hair trauma w/ my last install. :ohwell: I did the take out and put back in the same day (Friday evening) and wasn't able to use the same care that I would have used in detangling and moisturizing the hair. I'm sure alot of hair came out, I didn't even really look. And she blow-dried my hair so I know my braids are pretty dry.

[size=-2]Next time I think I'll have them take it down on a Friday; detangle, wash, deep condition right there in the salon but do it myself. Then rollerset my hair and dry it at the salon myself. Then have her braid it. Maybe put some braid spray overnight. Then Saturday morning, get the install in. :up: The problem is that I now live pretty far from where I get the install, so I really do have to coordinate it.[/size]

So this week I"m thinking of trying for a deep condition on the braids to help them out. Would that be okay or would there be too much build-up? Would I be better off just using some really moisturized braid spray? :scratchch

I never did, all I did was to use diluted conditioner to make it eaiser to rinse out and reduce the amount of residue and after use braid spray, liquid leave in conditioner or water.

Back