Weave Update (PICS) Bob Haircut a la Nichi

Ediese

PLEASE DO NOT QUOTE PICS

Here's a quick update of my sew-in. I got my hair done in December by Tinnell. I used Sensational Goddess Remi in 14". My experience hasnt been that great with this hair because it tends to shed A LOT, and it tangles a lot too.

Here's how it looked when I first got it done.

December

January

This is the first time I've gotten bored with an install. I think I definitely prefer kinky curly now. The bang was driving me crazy! I can't wear bangs for longer than a month without getting tired of it, and I've been having trouble with tangling around my neck area. (if you EVER hear me say I want a bang, please stop me!:wallbash:) Anyway, I looked in the mirror two weeks ago, and chopped the weave down to my shoulders. lol

After I saw Nichi's bob thread, I loved her bob soooo much, I decided to go to TGF Hair Cuttery and have them mimic it. It only cost me $17.95. The weave was really heavy and greasy, so I clarified before I got it done, and the results were amazing. I really love it! Thanks Nichi!! :yep: It's so easy, and it's tangle free now! I could definitely wear this until April. I feel like I got a whole new install.

***You'll notice that my bang is kinda high on my forehead compared to the first pic. My hair is growing out!! YIPEE!! Hopefully, I get the 2" I need to get to MBL.

February

Yea, my weave got some swang! lol It's so bouncy! I gotta figure out how to do the feathering stuff.

Last edited:
i like the weave even when it was long. Its one of the better weaves you see around!! Really nice

Nice - you look great at all 3 lenths.

You have nice eyebrows too!!

What are your hair plans once you have the weave removed this spring?

it turned out great- how did they feel about cutting the weave? did they know before the actual cut?

Thanks! I've gone the lady there before. She did my 'big chop' last year. She definitely knew it was a weave before she cut it.

Nice - you look great at all 3 lenths.

You have nice eyebrows too!!

What are your hair plans once you have the weave removed this spring?

Thanks! I took a little too much out of my eyebrows, so I'm in the awkward stage of growing it back.

I can't wait to take it in April. I'm going to have a lot of fun with my new products (L'Occitane and Quemet), and my steamer. I want this to be my last weave for a while. I think I'll still need 2" to WL. I might try another protective style, probably 2 strand twists. I don't know.

Then again, I might get another install since this ps helps me retain most growth. It really depends on where I'm at in April.

OMG this is too cute! I love it! I can hardly wait till your big reveal in April

Thanks BM! :) I can't wait! I really feel like this is my year to get to WL. Hopefully, that'll be by my 27th bday in September.

Nice! Ooh I like how they cut the back A LOT. Use a flat iron for the feathering. Just flick your wrist at the end and shake out with your hand.

Your hair shed and tangled? Wow, how often did you wash it?

I washed every weekend and it felt new everytime I washed. Had a whole new swang each weekend. I really liked the first cut you got also, I was tempted to do that to mine but I suck at cutting. I like your bangs, but I'm too scared of breaking out on my face because of the hair being on my face too much and me touching my face too much.

I was gonna take a weave break after April too. I didn't know you were too. I've seen so many cute twistouts, puffs, even buns that I want to wear. I miss my hair so much...

I liked all three lengths too (at the risk of being redundant) you can obviously wear any style though beautiful lady. Thanks for sharing - this gives me ideas.

Nice! Ooh I like how they cut the back A LOT. Use a flat iron for the feathering. Just flick your wrist at the end and shake out with your hand.

Your hair shed and tangled? Wow, how often did you wash it?

I washed every weekend and it felt new everytime I washed. Had a whole new swang each weekend. I really liked the first cut you got also, I was tempted to do that to mine but I suck at cutting. I like your bangs, but I'm too scared of breaking out on my face because of the hair being on my face too much and me touching my face too much.

I was gonna take a weave break after April too. I didn't know you were too. I've seen so many cute twistouts, puffs, even buns that I want to wear. I miss my hair so much...

Yea, I'm not sure what's up with this hair, but it tangled a lot around my neck area. I washed every week.

For the first cut, I just hacked away at it. lol It wasn't even straight. I liked the bangs too, but I'm tired of it now. That always happens though. It's like I love the idea of bangs. :look:

Yep, I think I'm in need of a weave break. It's always been my goal to stop cold turkey after I reached my length goal. That's definitely going to be sometime this year.

Loving that bobb!

Please do share with us what type of beauty supply store hair you prefer....

I'll be totally honest, the only other type of hair that I used from the BSS was Sensational Premium Now. I think I have pics of it in my fotki. It did shed a little, but I didn't have severe tangling issues like I'm having with this hair. Maybe I got a bad batch or something.

If I'm wearing straight hair, my ultimate preference would be Extensions Plus relaxed texture. 2nd preference would be Halleys Curls Salon Relaxed. I think the Hallys curls is pretty reasonable in price.

You and Nichi have the best weaves I have ever seen in Houston. If I ever got brave enough to get an install, I will definitely be harassing one of you on the PM. Just BEAUTIFUL!

Back