Weave = Confidence???

Fact! it's just effect that long pretty hair has on a woman. Not only does it make her more attractive, it boosts her confidence level which makes her look even more attractive.

This is just my opinion but I think most women look better without the weave than with it. At least the women I've seen.

I felt so unattractive when I wore weaves. I only wore them three times. I only did them because I felt like I didnt have another choice. I didnt really like them. If anything, my self confidence went way down.

Hey ladies!
Is it just me or do you ever notice how some women act completely different when they have weave in their hair??? I personally think that most AA women are beautiful and unique regardless of the amount of hair they have, but I still see so many of us not feeling like we are worthy until we have long weave hanging down our backs!!!! Why is that? Why can't these women see that they are beautiful with & without weave and that it shouldn't determine how they feel about themselves?

For example I know many friends who have a short hair (but enough to style & look very cute) yet they hide behind weaves!!! I mean its almost shameful, when they aren't wearing weave they try to act invisible, then as soon as they get a weave they walk different, talk different, they wanna wear flashy outfits and be the center of attention, in some cases they even treat you different (like nasty), I just don't get it. Its like they become a different person. Seriously I have hair of my own (almost APL) and personally I don't have anything against weave because weave can be a convenient, pretty & fun way to switch up your look if you're into it. But I really don't dig chicks who think they are better than you, or think that you should be jealous of them because they have a head of fake hair. Because at the end of the day they wouldn't be caught dead without it.... Do you ladies know women like this?

Well yes but i've never seen their real hair but I do love the fact that it's switched up. Then again, I can't judge anyone because my hair is short now because I did the BC and i'm using instant weaves as a full wig and I'm having a lot more confidence. Now it isn't because of the wig because any moment I can snatch it off but for me it's the fun of changing up the appearance and the fact that I've come a long way in liking myself.

Whenever you can instantly "fix" something about your appearance you will be more confident. If you have jacked up hair and its never been long, well then I do expect you to feel more confident when its what you want it to be. (though not cocky).

I had jacked up teeth. When I got my braces off you couldnt stop me from smiling!!!

Besides, we do live in a culture (black cluture) where long thick hair is what is deemed as beautiful, yours or not. How many of us can attest to the fact that we get way more compliments when our hair is long and straight than when its short/shrunken? I know I do.

This reminds me of the fact that I can often tell if a womans hair is real by the way she treats it in public. Those with their own hair tend to be more comfortable with it and ignore it. A lot of ladies with fake hair tend to treat it differently...i guess pay more attention to it...i dont know, just a random observation.

On the contrary, I love seeing all the natural sisters struttin their stuff at Whole Foods:grin: We all nod and smile as we pass each other don the aisles like we're part of some secret club:lachen:Somehow I just don't feel that "special" when I wear my hair straightened. Feels too typical--plus layers are growing out and they look extra whack straightened.:wallbash:

Back