Wearing my hair down is a JOB req. Chaya, do you feel me?

LadyChe

I love all the great information I've gained from the forum. I've learned that putting my hair up for long stretches is a pretty sure-fire way to maintain growth. And during the day, believe me - NO one at my job has ever seen my hair down.
/images/graemlins/cool.gif
Buns and "no-manipulation" styles are great for those of us who don't have to have their hair down at any point during the week. But my job requires that my hair is down. poker-straight and whipping about at least twice a week.
/images/graemlins/wallbash.gif

Chaya, I had to call on you because I know that hair must be on-point during the games...

I pose this question to everyone, including my hair idols - Supergirl, kitchentician, tracy (good LAWD that COLOR!!!!) - there are too many to list...What can I do to ensure my ends are the healthiest they can be?

If you don't mind my asking, what type of job do you have?

My only suggestion is a rollerset once or twice a week and wrap it to take some of the curls out.

i would love to know myself... i have never heard of a job where you have to wear your hair down at all times... /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif

You all are nosy and no one answered /images/graemlins/grin.gif! I think Chaya is a professional cheerleader, no? LC, could you wear a phony-pony that is bone straight (I understand not wanting to...I probably wouldn't, but that may be an option to consider) and then your hair would whip about /images/graemlins/smile.gif? Alternatively, I think if you are able to wear a bun or even doing the baggie method during the other 5 days, then two days with your hair out won't hurt much, particularly if you coat the ends with moisture before taking your hair down. HTH until Chaya checks in and good luck /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

[ QUOTE ]
dreemssold said:
You all are nosy and no one answered /images/graemlins/grin.gif!

[/ QUOTE ]

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA....sheeeeeeeeeeeeeet...I wanted to know too! We know she's not the Head of Homeland Security as that spot was recently filled...

[ QUOTE ]
LadyChe said:
I love all the great information I've gained from the forum. I've learned that putting my hair up for long stretches is a pretty sure-fire way to maintain growth. And during the day, believe me - NO one at my job has ever seen my hair down.
/images/graemlins/cool.gif
Buns and "no-manipulation" styles are great for those of us who don't have to have their hair down at any point during the week. But my job requires that my hair is down. poker-straight and whipping about at least twice a week.
/images/graemlins/wallbash.gif

Chaya, I had to call on you because I know that hair must be on-point during the games...

I pose this question to everyone, including my hair idols - Supergirl, kitchentician, tracy (good LAWD that COLOR!!!!) - there are too many to list...What can I do to ensure my ends are the healthiest they can be?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't envy ANYONE, including myself, who has to wear their hair down AT ALL TIMES. Yes I DO wear my hair down about 85% of the time. The other 15% of the time my hair is in a loose french roll that can be easily taken down to showcase soft waves or wrapped up in a silk scarf ( like it is right now!)
So how do I keep my ends in tip top condition? Well personally I have to use the right products and conditioner with lots of moisture (not so much protein for me right now). I rollerset my hair 1-3X per week using minimal products for the ACTUAL rollerset. Right now I just use salerm or lacio lacio and Ill just have a spray bottle with water only handy to keep my hair from drying out while im rollersetting. I use Jilbere and bone combs and denman and boar bristle brushes and I keep them clean so I wont get build up or any unneccessary breakage or snags going on.
Basically you have to be super carefull that you are not OVER MANIPULATING or putting too many products on your hair. If you live in a cold climate you might want to take that silk scarf where ever you go, as I do, so you can tie it over your head really quickly before going outside. I get mini dust trims every 10-12 weeks so that helps me retain growth.
UNfortunately there are times that I CANNOT avoid heat and/ or hairsprays like on game days. I have to curl my hair /images/graemlins/mad.gif and finish with a little soft hold hairspray so that my hair can stay picture perfect through 2-3 hours of intense dancing! But I run home right afterwards and wash that stuff all out. My hair is practically screaming at me when I jump in my car /images/graemlins/frown.gif
I hope this helps!

Whew! Just got back to the boards and oh my! /images/graemlins/blush.gif

To all the beautiful-haired women who have shown interest in lil ol me..I'm in entertainment, let's just say I spend a couple days a week in front of cameras and hot lights. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Chaya, thanks so much for the advice -- sounds like a lot of upkeep, but I know it's worth it! I've already invested in the Denman brushes and a silk wrap, now I'm attempting to master the elusive rollerset!

Thanks msportugal, oh and dreemsold, I forgot to thank you too!

One day I'm going to have to write my regimen down. I can't do it now, I'm too ashamed... /images/graemlins/crazy.gif My PJitis has been in full effect since summertime!

Would most of the ladies on the board know your face? Ladies in a particular area of the country? /images/graemlins/scratchchin.gif /images/graemlins/think.gif /images/graemlins/Flahssssss.gif Inquiring minds want to know. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
LadyChe said:
Whew! Just got back to the boards and oh my! /images/graemlins/blush.gif

To all the beautiful-haired women who have shown interest in lil ol me..I'm in entertainment, let's just say I spend a couple days a week in front of cameras and hot lights. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Chaya, thanks so much for the advice -- sounds like a lot of upkeep, but I know it's worth it! I've already invested in the Denman brushes and a silk wrap, now I'm attempting to master the elusive rollerset!

[/ QUOTE ]

Chaya, LadyChe:
I feel you. I, too work in the TV/ Entertainment industry and must wear my hair down under hot lights six or more days a week. Buns, Scarves, Ponytails are out the question.
Thanks for all the advice for keeping the hair healthy and moisturized. My hair appreciates it !

One thing that may work for you is a 3/4 human hair BSS wig or fall cut into your hairstyle. I bought a remy 3/4 wig in my hair color and texture and took in into my stylist who razor cut it to my exact hair style. No one can ever tell it's not my hair. On bad hair days... That is the only thing that works for me as a protective style.

******New to Board and loving all the great information that I have learned from the board. Since joining... I have achieved two inches of healthy hair growth in two months and learned to "stretch" my relaxers from once every four weeks to every eight weeks. Thanks!

[ QUOTE ]
thattvgirl said:
Chaya, LadyChe:
I feel you. I, too work in the TV/ Entertainment industry and must wear my hair down under hot lights six or more days a week. Buns, Scarves, Ponytails are out the question.
Thanks for all the advice for keeping the hair healthy and moisturized. My hair appreciates it !

One thing that may work for you is a 3/4 human hair BSS wig or fall cut into your hairstyle. I bought a remy 3/4 wig in my hair color and texture and took in into my stylist who razor cut it to my exact hair style. No one can ever tell it's not my hair. On bad hair days... That is the only thing that works for me as a protective style.

******New to Board and loving all the great information that I have learned from the board. Since joining... I have achieved two inches of healthy hair growth in two months and learned to "stretch" my relaxers from once every four weeks to every eight weeks. Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

Oprah...is that you???? /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
MonaLisa said:
[ QUOTE ]
thattvgirl said:
Chaya, LadyChe:

[/ QUOTE ]

Oprah...is that you???? /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/lachen70.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/lachen70.gif

Girl you are too silly!!!

no Oprah here, but I wish I had her job, her money and her healthy, glowing head of hair. and the help of someone to a work magic on my 4b super fine hair every day!

[ QUOTE ]
thattvgirl said:
no Oprah here, but I wish I had her job, her money and her healthy, glowing head of hair. and the help of someone to a work magic on my 4b super fine hair every day!

[/ QUOTE ]

Dang!!! /images/graemlins/frown.gif I was waiting to hear...
"You get a basket of hair products and You get a basket of hair products and You get a basket of hair products..."

Oh Well...Welcome anyways! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
MonaLisa said:
[ QUOTE ]
thattvgirl said:

[/ QUOTE ]

"You get a basket of hair products and You get a basket of hair products and You get a basket of hair products..."

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/lachen70.gif /images/graemlins/lachen70.gif stop your killin me.... /images/graemlins/spinning.gif

Why u laughing Flame...I wouldn't be turnin down no basket of hair products...LOL...Get Andre to hook us alllll up....

[ QUOTE ]
FLAME said:
[ QUOTE ]
MonaLisa said:
[ QUOTE ]
thattvgirl said:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/lachen70.gif /images/graemlins/lachen70.gif stop your killin me.... /images/graemlins/spinning.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /images/graemlins/rofl.gif /images/graemlins/lachen70.gif /images/graemlins/lachen70.gif

[ QUOTE ]
thattvgirl said:
Chaya, LadyChe:

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that is a good idea! I've tried to experiment with add in pieces before - but I'm such a perfectionist, it never feels right - esp when watching playback. It does help when adding fullness to my current length, though. Even when I can find a color to match - RARE... /images/graemlins/frown.gif I feel the texture is slightly off - nothing bugs me more than that funky crimped texture that is supposed to be "relaxed" hair. /images/graemlins/wallbash.gif

Back