We need a LHCF dictionary: Too many abbreviations...

peacensoul

I'm fairly new yet I still have no idea what some of the terms the veterans are referring to? So i used context clues to figure out what DH and SO means.. i know it stands for boyfriend or male lover or something of that sort but what does it actually stand for. Newbies need a dictionary..

Here are a few words that baffled me before

SO
DH
SIGGY
CO wash (CW)
Poo ( kept going Nexxus poo) lol which now i know is just short for Shampoo
NTM: Neutrogena Triple Moisture
BUMP: I still dont know what you ladies are referring too.

Please add on to this list because I am sure I'm not the only one who is lost at times.

Bump is just a way to bring a post 'back to life'. I think there is a posting of abbreviations, try the search feature up top. I'd do it for you but my cut and paste stinks.

I'm fairly new yet I still have no idea what some of the terms the veterans are referring to? So i used context clues to figure out what DH and SO means.. i know it stands for boyfriend or male lover or something of that sort but what does it actually stand for. Newbies need a dictionary..

SO
DH
SIGGY
CO wash (CW)

Please add on to this list because I am sure I'm not the only one who is lost at times.

I feel you, peacensoul. I've been affiliated with LHCF on and off since 2003 and I *still* don't know what all of the anacronyms mean.

However, I am sure that many here on LHCF, yours truly included, would really appreciate if it would be made into a sticky, as well as updated to include the other anacronyms which do not appear on the list.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok. Per Allandra, the link for the anacronyms is located in the folder entitled, "Looking for your favorite sticky?". Click on the link, and then look for the fourth link on the list, which is entitled, "Commonly Used LHCF Anacronyms." Click on the link, and then go to the link listed in Comment #2.

Whew!

Ok. Per Allandra, the link for the anacronyms is located in the folder entitled, "Looking for your favorite sticky?". Click on the link, and then look for the fourth link on the list, which is entitled, "Commonly Used LHCF Anacronyms." Click on the link, and then go to the link listed in Comment #2.

Whew!
I made it a sticky again.

SO
DH
SIGGY
CO wash (CW)

I know you wont find all of what you are looking for in that sticky simply because it's not there.

DH = Dear Husband
SO = Significant Other
WRTC = White Rain Tropical Coconut
TIA = Thanks In Advance
HTH = Hope that Helps
HHG = Happy Hair Growing
HYH = Hide Your Hair
Siggy = Signature
DD = Dear Daughter
DS = Dear Son
MIL = Mother In Law

These are all I can think of off the top of my head. I know we had another thread around here with other acronyms listed.

Last edited:
I've tried as a newbie to figure out most of the acronyms. I've even done a search, but for the life of me I can't figure out what is "lachen"

I've tried as a newbie to figure out most of the acronyms. I've even done a search, but for the life of me I can't figure out what is "lachen"

lachen is this smiley: (:lachen:)

Sometimes, it doesn't post all the way usually if the poster types in the code themselves rather than clicks the actually smiley on the side. The smiley is made by a typing a colon followed by the word "lachen," but if you put a space in between the colon or leave off the colon, then you'll get the word lachen all by itself.

HTH!

^ Hope this helps :giggle:

Here's another. What is &amp? I see this throughout, even did a search because I did not want to ask a dumb question. But since the curiosity refuses to go away from my mind and the opportunity presents, help a sista out!

Here's another. What is &amp? I see this throughout, even did a search because I did not want to ask a dumb question. But since the curiosity refuses to go away from my mind and the opportunity presents, help a sista out!

I think this is html code that appears when a character doesn't translate during a board update. I had this next to my avatar

<-- my goal

and when they completed the updates it changed to

&amp-- my goal

I had to go and fix it back. I've seen it in place of apostrophes and quotes too.

lachen is this smiley: (:lachen:)

Sometimes, it doesn't post all the way usually if the poster types in the code themselves rather than clicks the actually smiley on the side. The smiley is made by a typing a colon followed by the word "lachen," but if you put a space in between the colon or leave off the colon, then you'll get the word lachen all by itself.

HTH!

^ Hope this helps :giggle:
Thanks so much SISTASLICK, for answering my first post I feel so honored!

Back