Nexxus Therappe : ruining my hair?

Isis said:
Although I have Therappe (mainly because it used to come in 2-liter packs with Humectress), I prefer Nexxus Botanoil shampoo made specifically for relaxed, chemically treated and color treated hair. I've used it for years and never ever had a problem with it.

ETA: I always deep condition with Humectress following Botanoil shampoo. I've done it in the past with Therappe and it was not the same, maybe too moisturizing?

Botanoil leaves my hair way too dry, much much dryer than therappe. Just goes to show those differences . . .

I love humectress and it is my holy grail condish, the ONE I cannot do without . . .

Although I've never had any problems with Nexxus Therappe, Elucence is my absolute favorite. It makes my hair feel soft, gives me major slip and moisture.

Crystalicequeen123 said:
Yeah, Humectress is probably the best thing from the nexxus line! :up: I also like Emergencee, and Keraphix.

I will stop using the Therapee and see if that makes any difference in my hair. I've used it before, and although it was a little more drying that my keracare and creme of nature shampoos, I just thought this was due to a different forumla. I don't know.... :confused:

Does anyone let the shampoo stay in your hair for 3 minutes and let the "nexxuspheres" work their "magic" in your hair as the bottles suggest?? LOL* :lol: I don't know whether this is a crock or not!

Also, I'm wondering....do you deep condition with Humectress after you shampoo with Therapee?? I know that after I used therappe, I ALWAYS deep conditioned with Nexxus Humectress afterward, and my hair didn't feel so dry.

Just a thought.....

Your right about the Humectress. :grin: I think it really saved my hair:yay: . Before I started DCing with humectress my hair was a brittle dry hot mess.

I did deep condition with Humectress after both and it leaves my hair sooo soft (and I am 4b relaxed). But in my experience while actually in the shower washing out the Botanoil my hair felt horrible (tried it a few times same result). Then I heard some ladies talk about Therrappe (which is a moisturizing poo) and I tried it. It makes my hair feel really soft as I am rinsing it out.

And I also never let any shampoo sit on my hair :nono: I'm too scurred. I try to clean my scalp quickly and gently and rinse it out to avoid any unecessary stripping.

Finally someone who had similar experiences. I love NEXXUS products but I don't think they're for continual use. Great for fixing the hair when it's a bad condition, and then going back to your normal products.

I currently use Formula's by Ecoly Papaya Dry Hair shampoo - which i LOVE, Sage Detangling Conditioner (Paraben free) and the Tri-Wheat constructor on the days my hair is in need of some TLC.

I can't use Therappe either. It contains chamomile and I am allergic to this ingredient. But, Kenra shampoo has a lot more chamomile than Therappe and it really makes me itch. Here is a list of my favorite shampoos:

Elucence Moisture Benefits
Keracare Hydrating and Detangling
Design Essentials Moisture Retention
Keracare Moisture Shampoo for Color Treated Hair

Ladies Please dont do this to me now!:eek: !! I bought a bottle today. I've Never tried it, i always used the botanoil or diametress. I deceided to buy it and give it a try. Ill use it and tell u guys how my hair responds to it !:ohwell:

Oh yes...I don't think my hair took to well with Nexxus Therrappe. :naughty: I used it right after taking out braids...and my hair was still dry and tangled. So, the next day I used Mane and Tail shampoo and conditioner and there was a BIG difference. For starters...the tangles were completely gone.

sweetfacekay said:
Oh yes...I don't think my hair took to well with Nexxus Therrappe. :naughty: I used it right after taking out braids...and my hair was still dry and tangled. So, the next day I used Mane and Tail shampoo and conditioner and there was a BIG difference. For starters...the tangles were completely gone.
yeah I went out and bought CON green label and my hair is way different now. it might take it a week or two to get it where I want it but atleast its not a dry tangled mess.

also, someone on another board said that Doo Gro Moisturizing Growth Shampoo was just as good as CON but without the extra build up ( which doesnt bother me because im going to use the nexxus to clarify, lol ) has anyone tried that shampoo?

I'm sorry this didn't work for you. Therappe is one of my staples....BUT I only use it with my other staple - Rivas Silicon Mix. My hair thrives on the Silicon Mix and the Therappe keeps my hair free from cone buildup.

I love these 2 products together..they helped me achieve and exceed my goal of APL and soon I'll be at brastrap length!

I was having trouble with my hair breaking from too much protein and as a result it was super dry and brittle. I started using Cream of Nature ultra moisturizing shampoo and oooooh man talk about moisture!! :eek: That shampoo is the bomb, I have Kenra moisturizing shampoo and I have put that to the side!:grin:

Dang you ladies have me ready to try CON now. I've heard nothing but good things about it. This wallet is tired of being opened. I know I just joined but jeez i think I need a break from this site already. :spinning: :lol:

Neroli said:
Botanoil leaves my hair way too dry, much much dryer than therappe. Just goes to show those differences . . .

I love humectress and it is my holy grail condish, the ONE I cannot do without . . .
That is an interesting difference. My hair must be used to the Botanoil. I only shampoo once time per wash day with it, which could make a difference. I too love and totally rely on Humectress. :love:

ETA: I believe on of the ladies here mentioned a new moisturizing Botanoil shampoo. I wonder what that is like...

devin said:
I was having trouble with my hair breaking from too much protein and as a result it was super dry and brittle. I started using Cream of Nature ultra moisturizing shampoo and oooooh man talk about moisture!! :eek: That shampoo is the bomb, I have Kenra moisturizing shampoo and I have put that to the side!:grin:
I am IN LOVE WITH THIS SHAMPOO!

JazzyDez said:
Dang you ladies have me ready to try CON now. I've heard nothing but good things about it. This wallet is tired of being opened. I know I just joined but jeez i think I need a break from this site already. :spinning: :lol:

I recommend getting it though. It's not that expensive ( i paid about $3.50 for it ) and its great. the bad thing I hear about it is that it can cause build up but if you clarify this won't be a problem

erin558 said:
I recommend getting it though. It's not that expensive ( i paid about $3.50 for it ) and its great. the bad thing I hear about it is that it can cause build up but if you clarify this won't be a problem

Thanks for the advice. I am going to try it. The Nexxus products are good but they are expensive...If I can find a cheaper alternative that works just as good I will be :D

Isis said:
That is an interesting difference. My hair must be used to the Botanoil. I only shampoo once time per wash day with it, which could make a difference. I too love and totally rely on Humectress. :love:

ETA: I believe on of the ladies here mentioned a new moisturizing Botanoil shampoo. I wonder what that is like...

I only 'poo once too, and leave it on just long enough to massage thru and rinse out quickly -- I try to get the 'poo in and out as fast as possible! I didn't know botanoil was reformulated -- being the nexxus junkie that I am, I will probably try it, just to see . . .

I haven't seen this mentioned on the thread, but one reason I stick with nexxus original formulas is because they're 'cone free and its getting harder and harder to find 'poos, condish and leave-ins without cones. I usually like to restrict my cone use to serums if I feel I need, otherwise I get "cone overload" and rapid buildup if my 'poos, condish and leave-ins all have cones. Too much cones can really dry out my hair over time and I don't like clarifying too often, which I have to do if I ALL my products have cones.

Perhaps what is perceived as "dry" hair may just be an absence of the "slip" that comes with cone loaded 'poos. Just a thought!

WOW, I think Nexxus maybe the reasons behind my hair shedding like crazy, and feeling sooooo DRY not to mention the ICTHING. I went and bought some Pantene Clarifying poo, and Pantene relazed and Natural Conditioner today. Im going to use this for a few weeks and see if my hair gets some kinda life back to it. SMH

honeycomb719 said:
WOW, I think Nexxus maybe the reasons behind my hair shedding like crazy, and feeling sooooo DRY not to mention the ICTHING. I went and bought some Pantene Clarifying poo, and Pantene relazed and Natural Conditioner today. Im going to use this for a few weeks and see if my hair gets some kinda life back to it. SMH

Keep us updated with results.

Neroli said:
I only 'poo once too, and leave it on just long enough to massage thru and rinse out quickly -- I try to get the 'poo in and out as fast as possible! I didn't know botanoil was reformulated -- being the nexxus junkie that I am, I will probably try it, just to see . . .

I haven't seen this mentioned on the thread, but one reason I stick with nexxus original formulas is because they're 'cone free and its getting harder and harder to find 'poos, condish and leave-ins without cones. I usually like to restrict my cone use to serums if I feel I need, otherwise I get "cone overload" and rapid buildup if my 'poos, condish and leave-ins all have cones. Too much cones can really dry out my hair over time and I don't like clarifying too often, which I have to do if I ALL my products have cones.

Perhaps what is perceived as "dry" hair may just be an absence of the "slip" that comes with cone loaded 'poos. Just a thought!

That is a very good thought!

I used the shampoo, and didn't like it. It left my hair dry and brittle. Humectress is awesome, though. I use it to conditioner wash and as a deep conditioner. I have waaayyy too many products so I switch up the rotation...

Botanoil is much better. I love it.

Back