we had an itty bitty mini Edmonton (Canada) meetup!

danysedai

Hi Ladies: Mandy and I met last Saturday here in Edmonton, Alberta, just the two of us but we had a great time, we hope more edmonton members will be able to join us next time :)

I waited for Mandy at a Starbucks on Whyte Ave in Edmonton. It was a windy, rainy and fairly cold day on Saturday, even though it was August (that's Edmonton for you!), temps were from 9 to 12 Celsius (that's 50 to 53.6 F) and of course I didn't want to wet my hair lol.
Mandy arrived, looking gorgeous, with her straightened natural hair in all its glory, of course we recognized each other as we were the only black girls around lol . We came in for her coffee and sat down to talk about...Hair of course . We also talked about life, race and other things, but mainly hair. I told her about my desire to go natural and gray when I'm 45 as I would like to do both at the same time,but I'm not ready to go completely gray yet. She asked why I do not post pictures of my hair on the board, and I said that I don't think I'm photogenic and also there are so many heads of hair in this board that mine seems not that great in comparison. I gave her a hair toy, and some hair products I have duplicates of, and she promised to bring some next time.

Then we went shopping! We went to the new location of Images and Shades, a BBS, and we were pleasantly surprised to see lots of new products, including black jamaican castor oil, LOTS of Nunaat products (the brazilian line), the new Keracare lines in the brown bottles and the blue bottles,and talked about the whole section of Luster's Pink :O

Oh and Mandy got a compliment!!a woman who was in the same aisle asked Mandy if that was all her hair lol, Mandy was very gracious about it, you cannot see her hair and not compliment her.

I bought Keracare edge tamer, Mizani setting lotion (you guys would have been so proud of us discussing ingredients on that aisle!!), Mizani HRM and a headscarf.

We had a great time together and I really hope we can meet again, specially if some other members in Edmonton would like to join us.

so, picture time!
Outside the BSS
DSCF0661.jpg

windy day as you can tell...
DSCF0659.jpg

and a picture of my hair (tip touches APL,but rest is still below shoulder:wallbash:, it'll come :))
DSCF8814.jpg

It was so nice to spend the afternoon with Dany.
I arrived at starbucks a little late (so sorry Dany!), It was raining a lil bit as I arrived and I too was afraid my hair would get wet and turn into a BAA (which would have been ok if I had the right accesories to rock it) Dany looked amazing! LHCF, yall are missing out on her hair! She has gorgeous hair, thick, healthy, shiny, long! Just beautiful, I bet everyone thought it wasnt hers because it is so gorgeous and people are not used to that around here.

Dany is so generous and totally easy going....at some point I spilled coffee all over myself, she helped me get cleaned up and we went on like nothing happened lol. Thanks Dany!

The BSS was such a lovely idea. Yes, there were so many things that I was shocked to see there because I have never seen them at the other locations. They even had curls products, which is totally awesome because I have been ordering the Curlicious shampoo online and it has been costing me over $20, but at the BSS it is like $7, too bad they didnt have it in stock.

We had a good time and we also discovered that there is a Starbucks across from the BSS, how convenient is that?!

I hope that more Edmonton Ladies will come out next time, but we plan to up this up even if its just the two of us.

DSC00667.jpg

DSC00668.jpg

DSC00687.jpg

Here is a pic of the bun I did using my new hair toy:
DSC00696.jpg

Dany, I look high in that first pic lol....I swear I wasnt:grin:

Yay, you posted a pic of your hair. See ladies, we have been missing out on this beautiful hair!

Awesome! Sounds like you ladies had a wonderful time, and you both look fab! Thanks for sharing the details of your day and the pics! Loving the hair! :yep:

I love this. Wish I had someone in my area to have a mini-meet-up with but the chances of that are highly, highly unlikely.

Awh, glad you ladies had a lovely time. You are making me wish there were people in my area to meet up with, but so far I haven't seen ANY online :(

How cool is that! You both look great and like you had a great time! Thanks for sharing, I hope you have even more people show up next time.

You guys look like you had a really good time. hair product shopping? I wish I was there! :yep: You both have beautiful hair, btw and you are photogenic dany :)

What a lovely post, I'm west of Toronto so a bit far but sounds like a great time! You are both beautiful & photogenic and both have beautiful healthy hair!

Thanks Ladies. We had a great time. Shopping was fun, I was disappointed with myself because I didnt buy much...what the heck!

You both have beautiful thick hair . Dany I cant believe you dont think your photogenic . You are a very pretty lady ! :) . Thanks for sharing your hair pictures .

This is so cute!!

Between you two ladies there is enough hair for four people! lol! Nice pretty thick hair on the both of you!!!:yep:

Back