Wax....Good or bad for hair?

Qualitee

I noticed alot of natural hair products ingredients have wax in it. Wont it cause build up? How do you remove wax? Do you need a sulfate to remove wax? Most of all How did it work for your hair?

^ I wanna know too! Allot of KBB products have veggie wax as the third ingredient and this fact makes me not want to purchase them.

If you mean emulsifying wax, it's usually not in high quantity (lower on the list) and it's more of a texture thing for the product. It makes it thicker and stops product ingredients from separating. It's nothing to be concerned about.

^ I wanna know too! Allot of KBB products have veggie wax as the third ingredient and this fact makes me not want to purchase them.
:lachen:Thats the same reason why I want to know:yep:

If you mean emulsifying wax, it's usually not in high quantity (lower on the list) and it's more of a texture thing for the product. It makes it thicker and stops product ingredients from separating. It's nothing to be concerned about.
Girl you're smart:yep:....But the wax Im talking about are Vegetable Wax,bees wax,and Copernica Cerifera Wax

:lachen:Thats the same reason why I want to know:yep:

Girl you're smart:yep:....But the wax Im talking about are Vegetable Wax,bees wax,and Copernica Cerifera Wax

the bolded makes my hair feel like twizzlers. All gummy and weird!!! You really have to use sulfates to get those out.

I've seen "microcrystaline wax" too. What is that? I've steered clear of it.

is a derivative of petroleum. Petroleum is simply whipped mineral oil with thickeners. Mineral oil is a by product of petro-chemicals/gasoline. Microcrystalline was is an even more refine version of mineral oil. Hence the term micro. Is great as make solutions. That's why they put it in hair products. I helps mix and disperse oils. In small quantities it should actually be helpful.:look:

Good question, I use Redken Smooth Down Butter Treat and it has Candelilla Wax in it, I was wondering if I should clarify more often using it or should I avoid altogether :perplexed

Just got some heat glide with candellia wax and want to know if its ok to use as a pressing heat protector

But does the wax require a sulphate or clarifying poo? Does it actually build up like a silicone or would water and cleansing agents in conditioner remove it?

Back