WATER WORKS 2007

I've been wearing Wash N' Go's every day. I alternate--one day cowashing, the next day shampooing with cream of nature shampoo (which makes my hair feel like as soft as if it were a conditioner).

before lhcf i used to wash my hair every two weeks. but since i started wetting my hair every day it's never looked better!
so count me in!:D

Another question:

Can I baggie wet hair?

I sorta feel like I need to let it dry first, but please share your expeerience for anyone who baggie their WET hair.

I am totally in! I was telling my friend the other day how the heat down south was KILLING my hair! So co-washing daily for me is going to be a life savior.

I will co-was daily with HE Hello Hyrdation following with Aveda Be Curly Curl Enhancer as my leave it (LOVE IT) and once a week wash/dc with DR Line.

CurliDiva said:
Another question:

Can I baggie wet hair?

I sorta feel like I need to let it dry first, but please share your expeerience for anyone who baggie their WET hair.

I baggie wet buns overnight with no ill effects.:)

Thanks ChocoKitty!

I still trying to fine tweak my summe routine. I've been stalking my favorite albums (kiniKakes, Ekomba, Lucia just to name a few) to make sure I'm not missing something. :)

You can count me in. I have been washing my hair daily for a minute and I see a difference in my hair. The only thing I hate is I can't keep a protective style because of all the frizz and new growth.

Oooooh this sounds like fun! I'm not quite sure how I will style my hair (bunning I guess?) but co washes totally agree with my hair. Count me in!!!

This sounds like a great idea. I usually wear my hair up anyway because its hot down here in the South and I'm pregnant( which means it hotter than usual). Count me in.

Count me in, I know it's late but I've been doing this already because of the heat. I really need this because I just got a good trim(cut:eek: ) and I want my length back!!!!:look:

Hey ladies,
can someone suggest some headbands to wear besides silk scarfs that wont break my hair? I dont use the kind with teeth in them bc they have broken my hair off in the past, but Ive been using those thin ones that are kinda like the big ponytail holders without metal on them (supposed to not pull out your hair). Im noticing some breakage at the nape and around my hairline so Im gonna have to find an alternative. My bangs grow super slow so I cant afford to have little short hairs sticking out in the front. It seems like wet hair plus any kind of tension equals breakage for me. Maybe I can find some solid color long scarves in neutral colors I can tie as a headband...those wont break bc they arent tight. Part of the problem is I have a big head so the headband is probably tighter than it should be :lol: The only other thing I can think of is my carefree curl could be making my hairline too soft and weak. It sux that this is the only thing I can find that really moisturizes my hair, but sometimes it does a little too good of a job at it.

Other than that, my hair thrives off wash n gos, (retaining length and fullness) but Im glad I noticed a few short hairs that wont lay down before the problem got bad. In the past Ive not noticed breakage until it was severe.

Any suggestions would be mucho appreciatedo lol;)

Welcome Ladies! :)

Leslie C - I bought some Ouchless headbands (in both black and brown colors) from Goody that look like oversized ponytail holders. This may not work for you if you want coverage at the frontline, but they fit my big head!:D

Oh, boy ... count me in for this challenge. I already wash my hair every other day in order to tame my new growth as it is, so this shouldn't be that big of a deal for me. I think I'll go out and buy HE Hello Hydration for my co-washes. I have to go back and read through this thread to see what other conditioners people are planning to use.

I'm so excited!!

Leslie_C said:
Hey ladies,
can someone suggest some headbands to wear besides silk scarfs that wont break my hair? I dont use the kind with teeth in them bc they have broken my hair off in the past, but Ive been using those thin ones that are kinda like the big ponytail holders without metal on them (supposed to not pull out your hair). Im noticing some breakage at the nape and around my hairline so Im gonna have to find an alternative. My bangs grow super slow so I cant afford to have little short hairs sticking out in the front. It seems like wet hair plus any kind of tension equals breakage for me. Maybe I can find some solid color long scarves in neutral colors I can tie as a headband...those wont break bc they arent tight. Part of the problem is I have a big head so the headband is probably tighter than it should be :lol: The only other thing I can think of is my carefree curl could be making my hairline too soft and weak. It sux that this is the only thing I can find that really moisturizes my hair, but sometimes it does a little too good of a job at it.

Other than that, my hair thrives off wash n gos, (retaining length and fullness) but Im glad I noticed a few short hairs that wont lay down before the problem got bad. In the past Ive not noticed breakage until it was severe.

Any suggestions would be mucho appreciatedo lol;)

Hey Leslie, I wear headbands all the time. I found some fabric headbands that goes around your whole head for a $1 at the neighborhood discount stores. They have ones made out of satin and silky materials. They work good on my not so small head.:D I also wear the ouchless headbands too. I think it could be the carefree curl, that is making your hair very soft. I use s-curl for my wash and goes but I put very little in my hair and seal with my castor oil. I just spray a couple of times in my hand and then rub it in my hair. May sure when you get home, take of your headbands. That's what I do and I haven't had any breakage with my headbands. Hope that helps.;)

TaraDyan said:
Oh, boy ... count me in for this challenge. I already wash my hair every other day in order to tame my new growth as it is, so this shouldn't be that big of a deal for me. I think I'll go out and buy HE Hello Hydration for my co-washes. I have to go back and read through this thread to see what other conditioners people are planning to use.

I'm so excited!!

I too have to find some good products.

I'm 3/b - 4/a, just short of APL, relaxed, 5 weeks post. I currently use MTG, and will continue to daily, and Mane N Tail conditioner. I'd like to find a good leave in cuz right now I'm not using one, just using the conditioner as a cw and leave in. I pulled my hair back in a bun, but notice it looks sort of dull by the end of the day. I'm in ATL so there's much humidity and heat! Any suggestions on a good leave-in?:confused:

I am really enjoying this challenge. It suits me so well. And I do believe it is helping me to stretch well. Im going for 12 weeks...at 8 weeks now. I've decided to add a can of coconut milk to half of my Tresemme conditioner that's left over and keep the container in the refrigerator. I think the coldness will be an extra benefit to my hair. I'll be using it for my CW every other day.
I also just bought Suave aloe & waterlily, V05 moisture milks, and Herbal Essences replenishing conditioner (pink bottle: with rose hips, vitamin E and jojoba--I liked it and it smells so good I think it's gonna be a staple). This challenge is bringing the PJ out of me where conditioners are concerned! Im addicted to conditioners. I always stop and look at them while in the store. The other day, I stopped and looked at them everywhere I went while in the grocery store, at the dollar tree, at walmart... I had drove to Walmart later on that day because we ran out of toilet tissue and a few food items. To think, someone back at my house was probably clenchin their muscles together trying to hold in their #1 (or #2) while Im in the store spending countless minutes on the hair aisle--:drunk: mesmerized by all the different conditioners on the shelf to use for my CWs. They'd kill me if they only knew what kept me. :yep:

How is everyone doing?

I personaly slowed up to a few days per week in the last 2 weeks while testing out a MN cream blend for extra growth.

Hi ladies, I'm doing great so far!!!! I've been co-washing everyday due to exercising. I also wash with shampoo once a week, this challenge is really helping me to use up all my products I don't really like!!!! I suppose to get a touch up tomorrow but I don't want to because I like water in my hair everyday!!!! This also helped me stretch, so far 12 weeks post.:weird:

Is anyone planning to cut down on their washes or rinses once the weather get colder?

It is still in the 80's here, so I'm keeping up my con wash schedule as long as possible.

Well I am officially done with Weaves! After doing this challenge, I still had to chop off some of my hair due to breakage:wallbash:... I love this challenge because I do believe the cleaner the scalp the faster the growth. I think its evident in our caucasian sisters and our LCHF members who wash more than once a week. I just couldn't get it clean enough up under my weave.
So we start over. Now what am I gone do cause I am completely natural and not sure of how to take care of it if I wash everday like I want:sad:

Back