Washingtonians...this includes MD and VA

I want to get my hair relaxed and I'd like to go to a salon that really understands what I want done with my hair...relaxer, rinse, protein treatment, neutralize and let sit long enough to be effective, moisturizing shampoo, follow with DC and roller set. NO TRIMMING!!! Does anyone have a salon or stylist in the area that they can recommend for such a venture...going in about two weeks...b/c I'm sensing this the root of my breakage issues....stretched out as far as I can for now I think....I wanted to get braids but my hair isn't long enough in the back for that without someone putting in braids too tightly. So I want to relax and then go back to wiggies!!! My mother said no one on earth would do this for me...:sad:

There is this one girl I was going to go to but opted out because I want to be completely self-styled. The salon is in Hampton Mall on Central Avenue right off exit 15B (I-495). I went in and talked to her and she sounded like she understand that I wanted to grow my hair long and she appeared supportive of that endeavor. The salon is divided up into rooms and each stylist has a room. Her room was the first stylist room on the right. She uses Nairobi relaxer thats why I wanted to go to her in the first place, I love Nairobi relaxer. HTH.

I want to get my hair relaxed and I'd like to go to a salon that really understands what I want done with my hair...relaxer, rinse, protein treatment, neutralize and let sit long enough to be effective, moisturizing shampoo, follow with DC and roller set. NO TRIMMING!!! Does anyone have a salon or stylist in the area that they can recommend for such a venture...going in about two weeks...b/c I'm sensing this the root of my breakage issues....stretched out as far as I can for now I think....I wanted to get braids but my hair isn't long enough in the back for that without someone putting in braids too tightly. So I want to relax and then go back to wiggies!!! My mother said no one on earth would do this for me...:sad:

Is this place at all accessible by public transportation? It sounds great? Also, do you remember the name of the place - I would love to see if they have a website.

TIA

I know a stylist named Sharon Nichols. She works in Hampton Mall in Kingdom Square off of exit 15b. Her number is 301-455-5894.
A friend of mine goes to her religiously every two weeks. I havent gone because I'm trying to self-style but my girl's hair is down her back. She loves her! When/if you call, tell her Cheryl referred you. Good luck!

My mom referred me to a woman named Tracy. Her shop is in Owings Mills (Suburb of Balto. CIty). She will use just about any type of perm you request, she charges not too bad (50) and when u call for an appointment, she does ONLY ur hair in the back room. Its jus the two of you in there which is cool with me cuz I know I dont have to worry about her stopping to talk to her man, eat a chicken box, or finish Shenene's weave (like my old Stylist) lol. PM me if u want her number. Oh yeah, u have to book 2 weeks in advance.

I have a lot of friends that go to this salon. Apparently, "Secret" does a great job!

:woot: Good to know, Thx! My sister swears by them. :yep::yep: She also mentioned the "no-gossip" policy among the employees. The salon is very professional, reasonably priced and you're in and you're out. No more spending an entire day at the salon.

Try Ivy at Salon Cielo at Pentagon City mall. Go in and talk to her and tell her exactly what you want done. No fuss. She is really kind and understanding.

Oooh thanks ladies....I don't know how this post got "lost" I've been thinking no one responded....I'm gonna try to contact the woman who does hair in the back. That sounds nice for once I've never had a stylist that wasn't eating something up in my hair or on the phone with her man/momma/children. I mean EVER!!! lol :lachen:I'm also going to check out the stylist in pentagon city...little bit closer but I will travel for the right stylist no joke! :rolleyes:

Back