Washing my hair @ the kitchen sank!?! UGH

ChocolateSoda

My tub is screwed up & leaking into the apt downstairs.

I can't use my tub for a while... not worried about stankin, just my hair. :look:

Actually an older relative lives close by but I don't want to slick up her tub with all my oils & stuff.

I haven't washed my hair in the sink in a LONG time. I hate seeing my hair touching & going in the drain & stuff. uck

My hair has been babied and pampered for so long, it's stuck up and does NOT want to go into the sink!

Just venting 'cause I know I'll live.

But still :perplexed

I wash my hair in the sink, even when my hair was longer. I use the item below that you can get at bed bath and beyond so you don't have to worry about your hair going down the drain.

Attachments

• shower drain.jpg
    shower drain.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
I wash my hair in the sink about 90% of the time...but I do rinse my DC out in the shower :look:. I hope your tub is back in business soon!

I haven't washed my hair in the kitchen sink for five years (one apt I didn't have a kitchen). But I'm staying with my mother now and I wash in the sink now.

Co-signing on the sank! Love your subject line LOL. I do it when I'm in a hurry to wash and go. Letting it air dry too before leaving the house. Hope the landlord get on your tub problem pronto.

I wash my hair in the bathroom sink sometimes like if I'm in a hurry. Or I'm already showered and don't feel like getting back in. Since my hair is short it's fine.

I shampoo my hair in the kitchen sink ALL the time... For some reason I feel like I can get my scalp cleaner this way than doing it in the shower... :look:

I too wash my hair in the kitchen sink ALL the time!!

My mother used to wash my hair in the sink growing up ( I used to kneel in a chair so that my head could reach the faucet--fond memories!!) so I am just used to it...besides each time I've tried doing it in the shower, I've gotten water in my ears and headaches from that:spinning: ... I can control where the water goes better when underneath the sink....

I didn't know so many people washed their hair in the shower until I joined hair boards! :rolleyes:

I too wash my hair in the kitchen sink ALL the time!!

My mother used to wash my hair in the sink growing up ( I used to kneel in a chair so that my head could reach the faucet--fond memories!!) so I am just used to it...besides each time I've tried doing it in the shower, I've gotten water in my ears and headaches from that:spinning: ... I can control where the water goes better when underneath the sink....

I didn't know so many people washed their hair in the shower until I joined hair boards! :rolleyes:

Ditto. Plus my sink has one of those pull out faucets. And when I was little my mother had one of those hoses that you attach to the faucet. Like you, fong memories. :grin:

I always use the kitchen sink the water pressure in my shower just sucks.

But I am going to get one of those things from bed bath and beyond.

:cry3:I don't have a choice but to wash in the kitchen sink. My shower drain always gets clogged up from all of my products, or hair, or something.

And we have hard water here, so it's easier for me.:swearing:

Well I don't feel so bad then, shoot. A lot of y'all wash in the sink!

I think when my hair was shedding real bad I clogged the tub something horrible. Landlord will be in here tomorrow.

I guess the idea of me cleaning chicken & dirty dishes in there turns me off. I have some anti-bac soap - I'll wipe it down real good first.

And my momma used to wash my hair in the sank too! :giggle:

Well I don't feel so bad then, shoot. A lot of y'all wash in the sink!

I think when my hair was shedding real bad I clogged the tub something horrible. Landlord will be in here tomorrow.

I guess the idea of me cleaning chicken & dirty dishes in there turns me off. I have some anti-bac soap - I'll wipe it down real good first.

And my momma used to wash my hair in the sank too! :giggle:

Girl, go get that drain thing I posted from BB&B its only $3 and some change. You won't have to worry about clogs in the sink or tub!! :nono:

I always wash my hair in the kitchen sink. My mom washed my hair this way when I was younger - thought everyone did it like this until I got to college.

On a side note: Today I saw a video of a five year old getting her hair washed in the tub while sitting in it. The poor little girl was screaming out that she was cold and crying and slipping and sliding all around the tub. It looked traumatic.

I'm glad my mom thought to lean my head over the sink instead. :thumbsup:

I wash my little neice's hair in the tub but I have her tilt her head back and I use a giant cup to rinse.

Ok I had to clean out my bathroom so the workers could get in there... I HAVE TWO BIG BOXES OF HAIR & BATH STUFF (MOSTLY HAIR). I am so shame! And this didn't include the upper 2 cabinets above the toilet. There are lotz more hair products in there too. :nuts:

Kitchen sink washing = more tangles for me. I try not to mess with it. However, I do understand desperate times call for desperate measures. I'd shower at the gym just to avoid the sink if I had to :drunk:

Back