Wash Day Today? Anybody?

janeemat

Yes, today is wash day today and I'm excited about. I'm sitting her at my desk thinking about washing my hair and what I'm going to use on it. Does anyone else do this? I know, I've got it bad. But I do have a question. Is Aveda Damage Remedy Treatment considered a reconstructor like Keraphix? I'm planning on using that today with heat for 30 min, then follow with the ADR cond for 10 min.

Yep.

I am looking forward to it, as well.

After my last wash, I noticed some scalp buildup so I am going to exfoliate tonight before washing. I am also going to be giving my hair a dose of light protein in the shower followed by a moisturizing deep conditon (I just leave in on with a plastic cap and scarf while I do some cardio for about 40 min)

I washed this morning.

I did a prepoo with amla for 30 mins, washed, cond, and rinsed with amla tea. My hair feels so good now. My scalp feels great.

LOL!! Wednesday is my wash night too...:lachen:Just a cowash though, dont want my fresh colorshower black hair to lighten just yet. :look:

Yep.

After my last wash, I noticed some scalp buildup so I am going to exfoliate tonight before washing. I am also going to be giving my hair a dose of light protein in the shower followed by a moisturizing deep conditon (I just leave in on with a plastic cap and scarf while I do some cardio for about 40 min)

Hey, HoneyDew:

I'm intrigued: what do you use to exfoliate your scalp?

Yes, co-washing my hair right now. Deep conditioning first w/ Cathy Howes UBH cond and some coconut oil and co washing with VO5 Moisture Milk Passion Fruit Smoothie Conditioner......then rollersetting.

Yep.

Hey HoneyDew, If you add a teaspoon of baking soda to your shampoo or conditioner it will definately remove your buildup. I promise!!! I love baking soda!!

Yes, today is wash day today and I'm excited about. I'm sitting her at my desk thinking about washing my hair and what I'm going to use on it. Does anyone else do this? I know, I've got it bad. But I do have a question. Is Aveda Damage Remedy Treatment considered a reconstructor like Keraphix? I'm planning on using that today with heat for 30 min, then follow with the ADR cond for 10 min.
I wouldn't say so- do you have the treatment or the just the conditioner but it IS a protein-based treatment so I would think that was doubling up (ie too much)...

I co-wash or rinse everyday, very happy with my hair results right now...:yep:

Yep I'm shampooing my hurr today.:grin: As my grandmama use to say "u wash clothes and shampoo hurr" (she was a hair stylist).:lachen:

Yep, wash day for me too. I have some Ion protein-moisture conditioner mixed with some Suave Balsam protein conditioner (to get rid of) as a pre poo. I relaxed 2 weeks ago so this is my second light protein treatment.

After I cook and do some cardio, I will so an ayur powder rinse and wash it once with Hesh Nikhar (Indian poo bar) then deep condition.

For the DC I don't know which conditioner I'm gonna use as a base, but I will mix one of my new Biolage Cera-repair vials and some melted honey with it and sit under Pibby Longstocking for about 30 min.

I think then I will use a vial of Fermodyl 619, then some coconut oil and do my regular rollerset. I dusted my ends today so I'm anxious to see how it comes out.

I had no firm plans of exactly what I was going to do until I typed it out. Now I'm off to get on with my day. :yep:

I'm gonna wash in a few minutes.....I love washing my hair but I'm dreading it now cause I have this sew in and it gets tedious washin with it in :perplexed

wash today for me as well.

I put alma oil on this morning before i left for work..
using Affirm Sustenance Treatment with heat for 1 hour and then an instant conditioner..rinse..probably air dry for a bit and then blow dry it out...or air dry in ponytail

I will be co-washing tonight with Suave Humectant then airdry in a ponytail/bun. I usually co-wash on Tuesdays but got to busy last night.

I washed this morning.

I did a prepoo with amla for 30 mins, washed, cond, and rinsed with amla tea. My hair feels so good now. My scalp feels great.

D, you must be off today. I would have to take a 1/2 day off work if I had washed this morning.

I wouldn't say so- do you have the treatment or the just the conditioner but it IS a protein-based treatment so I would think that was doubling up (ie too much)...

I co-wash or rinse everyday, very happy with my hair results right now...:yep:

I have the treatment and the conditioner.

I just finished washing and twisting my hair. I plan on taking out the twist tomorrow for a twist out.

My scalp is thanking me so much right now because I finally washed my hair after two and half weeks. My scalp was starting to itch. But it feels all better now. :grin:

Yep, wash day for me too. I have some Ion protein-moisture conditioner mixed with some Suave Balsam protein conditioner (to get rid of) as a pre poo. I relaxed 2 weeks ago so this is my second light protein treatment.

After I cook and do some cardio, I will so an ayur powder rinse and wash it once with Hesh Nikhar (Indian poo bar) then deep condition.

For the DC I don't know which conditioner I'm gonna use as a base, but I will mix one of my new Biolage Cera-repair vials and some melted honey with it and sit under Pibby Longstocking for about 30 min.

I think then I will use a vial of Fermodyl 619, then some coconut oil and do my regular rollerset. I dusted my ends today so I'm anxious to see how it comes out.

I had no firm plans of exactly what I was going to do until I typed it out. Now I'm off to get on with my day. :yep:

Sound interesting. You seem to have that down pat.

I'm going to wash today, I can't wait. Last night I oiled my scalp with brahmi amla oil, applied All Ways 911 and Dabur Amla Gold to my hair. Later today I'm going to DC with Kenra MC mixed with maybe hot oil, poo, condition and rollerset with Lacio Lacio. I get excited just thinking about it. :spinning:

I'm going to wash today, I can't wait. Last night I oiled my scalp with brahmi amla oil, applied All Ways 911 and Dabur Amla Gold to my hair. Later today I'm going to DC with Kenra MC mixed with maybe hot oil, poo, condition and rollerset with Lacio Lacio. I get excited just thinking about it. :spinning:

Isn't it exciting on wash day or should I say poo day (thanks poster). I applied indian oils on my hair and scalp last night also. You have beautiful hair. I was just in your fotki.

Yay for wash day! Sorry I don't know much about aveda line, but if you were going to use keraphix for the protein anyway I would say go for it...the worst it could be is not enough and you maybe have to add more protein to you reggie, but at least you know for later :yep::yep:

Yes, co-washing my hair right now. Deep conditioning first w/ Cathy Howes UBH cond and some coconut oil and co washing with VO5 Moisture Milk Passion Fruit Smoothie Conditioner......then rollersetting.
I did a deep cond. treatment overnight before cowashing today...I'm excited to see how it turned out...and that it works for both of us!:grin:

Hey HoneyDew, If you add a teaspoon of baking soda to your shampoo or conditioner it will definately remove your buildup. I promise!!! I love baking soda!!
I'm DEFINITELY trying this next wash

Yep I'm shampooing my hurr today.:grin: As my grandmama use to say "u wash clothes and shampoo hurr" (she was a hair stylist).:lachen:
Hmm never thought about it, but your right!:yep: (what do I call it when I cowash, coshamp? thats a thought

I'm gonna wash in a few minutes.....I love washing my hair but I'm dreading it now cause I have this sew in and it gets tedious washin with it in :perplexed
I sometimes a love/hate relationship with washing, I always LOVE it once I begin, but the idea of the process often makes me dread it!

D, you must be off today. I would have to take a 1/2 day off work if I had washed this morning.
I'm trying to find a routine that allows be the wash before work, instead of it being an all day event, I'm still looking but I WILL find it!:yep:

On my scalp, too?

I don't think I clean my scalp good enough most times.

In the process of trying prevent tangling, I don't think I get my scalp clean as it should be.

yes i shampooed my hair today.

I shampooed my hair and did a hot oil tx with jojoba oil and dc with kenra. I followed with lacio lacio. I did a wet wrap since i just relaxed my hair last week and got a nice short cut. It was pretty easy. Im under the dryer now.

I am trying to wait to wash my hair til sunday but I need a fix. *stares at deep conditioner like it's crack* OH GOD I CAN'T TAKE IT!

I am reading this thread, drooling.

On my scalp, too?

I don't think I clean my scalp good enough most times.

In the process of trying prevent tangling, I don't think I get my scalp clean as it should be.

I sent you a pm but wanted to share in the thread also.

To get the baking soda or diluted shampoo rinse straight on my scalp I apply it with a color applicator bottle.

Currently right now I am not using shampoo for a while.....just using 2 cups of warm water and 1 tablespoon of Baking soda (shake well) and squirting it on my scalp with a color applicator bottle. I let is sit for a few seconds and massage my head a little and rinse away all the dirt/buildup. You can feel it...really.

If you use shampoo..put your shampoo in a color applicator bottle, add a teaspoon of baking soda into the bottle. Mix or shake well and squirt onto the scalp. Massage and rinse.

Last edited:
Yes it's wash day for me too. I've decided to change my routine and wash every Wednesday and Saturday. I too think about what I'm going to put on it. I can't decide which to do, wash with cheapie dollar store conditioner or put conditioner on let it sit then rinse out.

Back