Wash and Go ??

The Girl

I have been wearing my hair in a wash and go the past few days. My question is if it shrinks to right at my shoulders, is that counterproductive? I remember when I was growing it out, you are supposed to keep it off your shoulders. If it shrinks to shoulder length will it ruin my ends?:sad:

I don't think your ends will be ruined, I think what they meant is your hair could get snagged on certain clothing.

I wouldn't wear it down often however, because in my experience the ends do get dry as they sit against your clothing. Its seems like clothing will soak all the oil out.

Last edited:
I wouldn't wear it down often however, because in my experience the ends do get dry as they sit against your clothing. Its seems like clothing will soaks all the oil out.

Hmmm ok, my stupid cam is acting up so I can't post the pics:wallbash:

Your wash n go is cute!!! How'd you do it? Are you fully natural yet? What's your hair texture? Sorry so many questions...

OMG thank you...I just posted them in my fotki finally:wallbash:. Anyway, here is a shot from the back:
wngo2-vi.jpg

wngo1-vi.jpg

Last edited:
I washed it with the Shikakai bar, rinsed, added some D'FinaD conditioner (ok a lot of it:grin:), then I added this Sunsilk mousse called Captivating Curls (no alcohol that I can tell). I put some serum to give it some shine...Then, I just let it air dry...its huge but I am digging it...didn't think I would at first:look:

Last edited:
I washed it with the Shikakai bar, rinsed, added some D'FinaD conditioner (ok a lot of it:grin:), then I added this Sunsilk mousse called Captivating Curls (no alcohol that I can tell). I put some serum to give it some shine...its huge but I am digging it...didn't think I would at first:look:

Oh cool! Did you leave some of the conditioner in before you added the mousse? I've tried mousse before but, like you said, i'm suspicious of it drying my hair out (whatever kind i used before did).

Oh cool! Did you leave some of the conditioner in before you added the mousse? I've tried mousse before but, like you said, i'm suspicious of it drying my hair out (whatever kind i used before did).

woops yes I did leave the conditioner in. I was (and still am kinda worried about the mousse).

Back