Wash and go...what product do you use to define curl?

Ladylu

Hello, I am finally natural after 2 years of growing out my relaxer. All relaxer was cut our last week. I have shoulder length hair and I am wanting to do wash and go styles this summer. I have tried sebastian wet and it did OK...do you all have any other recommendations. I have a loose curl....kind of wavy, but it's a tighter wave/curl in the back.

Thanks for any recommendations.

I'm not a fan of WnG on me because my dad said I looked like I had a jheri curl smh. With that said I got those super defined curls cowashing and leaving a little conditioner in my hair then lightly oiling with grapeseed or sweet almond...i can't remember. Either way thats what worked for me and good luck!

When I wash and go I leave a little conditoner in my hair that I co-washed with. Sometimes I add a little extra if I feel I need to. Then use a little eco-styler on my crown which is a wavier texture put a little oil on my ends and go.

*note: I'm not 100% natural, but I'm almost there, I have a few texlaxed ends left, so I never wear a washngo outside the house :look:

Seems like it has alot to do with technique too, if you apply the product in sections, smoothing as you go, the curls should pop more.
I know for me, I have tighter curls in the middle of my head, but when they're defined, they add so much volume to the style when its worked in sections.

There is an entire wash and go thread that has lots of advice on this site if you do a search. It should be super helpful.

Back