Warning - don't use rattail comb!!

msvaye

Warning - don\'t use rattail comb!!

The ladies that usually braid my hair did not do the style I wanted ~ Kinky Twist Extentions. So one day I ran into a lady at the store that had the exact style I wanted, she told me where to go. I called them and went to the shop so they can see my hair (my every day style is natural hair braidout) and give me a price. She gave me her price. I go back to the salon for my appointment, she sees my thick straighten out hair (for easier parting ~ very tenderheaded) she increased the price. I was pissed
angry2.gif
would have walked out but I needed my hair done. But the funny part was that she was combing my hair with a small tooth comb. I told her nicely that maybe she should use a normal comb(not wide, I do understand that she is making parts). She put it down and said something in their language (west african shop), then picked up the rat tail comb again.
It seems as if my natural hair said 'I got this' and broke her comb
lachen70.gif
!! I mean the top part of the comb flew against the wall!! I laughed, you should have seen her face, she used the right comb from that point on. The happy ending is that I got a great hair style and she understands how I like for her to handle my hair. She did not stress my hair by pulling hard.
But my hair
antlers.gif
vs rat tail comb was so funny to me ~ just had to post.
grin.gif

Re: Warning - don\'t use rattail comb!!

lachen70.gif
When I got my braids the week before last the braider used one of those silver clips you use to section off your hair to make my parts (she's not the only braider I've seen do this) and it felt like she was using a knife on my scalp with every part!
mad.gif

When I got my hair braided the girl used a rat tail comb to make sections. I was cool with that since she wasn't using it to comb my hair.

What I was not cool with was how her and her sister kept saying that people with as much hair as I have don't need braids with extensions. At first I thought it was a compliment but after listening to this a couple times I started to get
mad.gif

well i know my girl better keep a rattail FAR FAR away from my hair, with all this new growth.. one of the two is going, and it aint gone be my hair!!

[ QUOTE ]
msvaye said:
It seems as if my natural hair said 'I got this' and broke her comb
lachen70.gif
!!:

[/ QUOTE ]

rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif

Girl, you are too much! Thank goodness for strong healthy hair!

A Nigerian woman from my church said that to me also. She has very short hair that she gets done in small twists - no extensions - every few weeks. She gave me the name and number of the lady who does her hair because she said that the twists will hang down on me and it will look very cute. She told me that I shouldn't waste my money on extensions when I have so much hair.

I took it as a compliment.

At the same time, these twists last for only 3 weeks whereas extensions could last up to 3 months. That saves me some time.

Back