WARNING: Cyclopentisaxilene makes a horrible flaky residue when flat ironing

SleepyJean

Cyclopentisaxilene is great in deep conditioners, but when I flat iron with any heat protectant where cyclopentisaxilene is in the first three ingredients, it makes my hair look like I need some head shoulders BAD! :nono: It leaves a horrible white flaky residue with nice straight hair! :lachen:I just wanted y'all to know about my discovery because it's helped me out a ton. I just look for any old heat protectant without water when flat ironing, which first three ingredients are cyclodimethicone, dimethiconol, and dimethicone. I like chi silk infusion, because it has those ingredients, but any old heat protectants with those ingredients work the same for me. I can't buy Chi Silk Infusion continously, because it's way to expensive. If any of y'all have the same problem, consider my idea. Hope I helped someone!

Isn't it very watery. Those never work well for me.

Also, I looked it up. It evaporate quickly and boils at high temperatures, it seems.

I wonder if that is what that Silk Elements Straightening spray has in it. Thst stuff made my hair so hard - like I had used hair spray on it. :nono:

I'm about to blow dry my hair with Frederick Fekkai glossing cream which has Cyclo... as the 3rd ingredient. I was looking up some reviews online and they all seem positive. I'll try it and see how it turns out for me.

I'm about to blow dry my hair with Frederick Fekkai glossing cream which has Cyclo... as the 3rd ingredient. I was looking up some reviews online and they all seem positive. I'll try it and see how it turns out for me.

As the third ingredient it's probably fine. It's the first that has always left a flaky residue for me.

I just finished, and I flat ironed after and my hair is fine. Thanks for the warning though!!

Back